Associate Director/Director of FP&A, Research
Avidity Biosciences is pioneering a new class of oligonucleotide-based therapies called AOCs designed to overcome the current limitations of oligonucleotide therapies in order to treat a wide range of serious diseases. We utilize our proprietary AOC platform to design, engineer and develop therapeutics that combine the tissue selectivity of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and the precision of oligonucleotide-based therapies in order to access previously undruggable tissue and cell types and more effectively target underlying genetic drivers of diseases. We are passionate about the impact of every employee in bringing these potentially transformative therapeutics to patients in need. Make a difference with us.Job SummaryReporting to the Sr. Director, FP&A, the Associate Director/Director, FP&A will be the Finance Business Partner between Finance and the CMC and Clinical functions and will drive the financial planning and forecasting process, working cross-functionally to support major business initiatives, and play a key role in setting the long-term financial directions of the company. The role will focus on the analytics that support budgets, forecasting, financial reporting and program management. The Associate Director/Director will be a hands-on resource to senior R&D management, department heads and program leads.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop financial models, track and analyze financial KPIs, uncover trends and assess business risks and opportunities to provide recommendations to senior R&D leaders
- Assist in development of manufacturing demand planning and clinical trial budgeting models.
- Generate content and insights in support of Executive meetings, Board presentations, and other high-level meetings.
- Seek opportunities for operational improvement across the R&D organization.
- Provide analytical support for annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Work cross-functionally with R&D groups to develop financial assumptions for scenario planning.
- Support Business Partners in preparation for general financial reviews
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as needed
- Prepare financial due diligence as needed
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform this role successfully, an incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The preferred requirements listed below are representative of the skills, knowledge, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA or MBA desired
- 10+ years of relevant FP&A experience, preferably in a high growth environment
- Previous experience in biotech/pharma required
- Previous CMC/Supply Chain and Clinical Trial experience highly desired
- Experience developing detailed financial models focused on expense drivers / assumptions; demonstrated ability to summarize and present results to senior R&D leadership
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills with the ability to create visually stunning slides for high-level meetings
- Strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to provide solutions to open-ended problems
- An understanding of US GAAP, financial processes, and advanced analytical capabilities that enable them to support their business partners and Finance leadership
- Knowledge of IT applications and controls, and experience with cloud ERP and EPM applications, Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Planful/Host Analytics preferred
- Proven track record of success delivering results, building strong and collaborative relationships, and working in dynamic environments
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions of fingers (typing and/or writing).
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.