Temporary Research Associate III, Cell Culture Process Development (CONTRACT)
Manager: Associate Director, Cell Culture Process Development
Department: Process Development, Technical Operations
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a motivated individual to join a dynamic and fast-paced cell culture process development group as a temporary Research Associate III. This position will be responsible for the design and execution of development studies to define, optimize, and characterize upstream processes for making AAV vector by using insect cells and mammalian cells. She/he will also be responsible for in-house production of research grade rAAV materials to support research and toxicology studies. This is a temporary position, working 40 hours per week.
- Design and execute process development studies to establish scalable, high-yield, stage-appropriate cell culture processes for Sangamo’s AAV therapeutic candidates
- Culture insect cells and mammalian cells for AAV production in shake flasks, wave bioreactors, stir tank bioreactors and Ambr15
- Perform essential analytical assays to support process development, e.g. vg titer and cell-based assays.
- Execute upstream AAV production runs to supply materials for research evaluations and IND-enabling TOX studies
- Maintain lab notebooks, analyze and present data at project meetings, author SOPs and development reports
- Support upstream lab inventory management
- Involve in tech transfer and manufacturing support
- Ensure work conforms to applicable quality and safety standards
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in chemical engineering, bioengineering, or a related field
- 3+ years relevant industry working experience
- Must have hands-on experience operating bench-scale bioreactors and analyzing daily samples
- Must possess robust aseptic handling skills
- Experience in insect cell and mammalian cell culture in shake flasks, benchtop bioreactors and Ambr15
- Working experience in qPCR, ddPCR, cell-based assays
- Capable of independently organizing and analyzing data
- Understand fundamentals of cell biology and metabolic pathways and their regulations
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and a team player
- Experience in AAV production development is a plus
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.
If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please contact us through Recruiting@sangamo.com. Attach your contact information, your area of specialty, and any marketing information you wish to provide. Someone from the Talent Acquisition Department will contact you directly if there is a business need for your services.