Marketing Manager, U.S. Oncology HCP Marketing – New Brand Launch
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Our talented, highly creative marketing professionals put AbbVie in the best position to win by driving strategic direction, leading product teams and creating targeted, evidence-based product messaging to deliver value to our customers. Marketing professionals are among our most versatile performers. AbbVie marketing professionals are involved in just about every aspect of our business.
It is an exciting time to join AbbVie’s growing oncology team as we pursue our mission to have a remarkable impact on the lives of people affected by cancer. Come join an inclusive AbbVie oncology culture that fosters trust in each other, growth in ourselves and our organization, and joy in what we do! Abbvie Oncology offers you immense opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your goals. Hear directly from our AbbVie Oncology colleagues to learn more about our culture, growth opportunities, and what makes AbbVie Oncology a great place to work! https://www.abbvie.com/usoncologycareers
The Marketing Manager (MM) will be responsible for the first launch of a new Oncology drug to treat a rare hematologic malignancy. The MM will design, develop, and implement commercial plans and programs needed to successfully launch a product in an increasingly competitive landscape with a key focus on the Health Care Provider (HCP). The MM will work closely with multiple commercial operation departments to ensure success in strategic direction and go to market execution. Internally, the MM will foster positive working relationships with medical affairs, market research, sales training, regulatory, and other cross franchise marketing teams. Externally, the MM works with various agencies and consultants, physicians, and partners to successfully plan for launch. The MM does not have direct reports but must demonstrate the ability to lead without authority, work with ambiguity, and build a collaborative and integrated commercial team and IBT.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support and participate in the development of strategy for upcoming product launches
- Build go to market tactical plan and develop tactics that align to the strategic brand plan primarily for personal and non-personal HCP promotions
- Plan, implement, and evaluate promotional programs and activities to achieve product sales objectives specifically non personal promotional tactical plans and field facing resources
- Direct marketing activities to targeted audiences ensuring that communications are aligned to segment-specific drivers
- Partner with medical, legal, and regulatory teams to review and approve promotional activities.
- Manage internal/external networks, consultants, and agency partners
- Perform budget tracking
- Contribute to launch readiness presentations to Executive Leadership
- Support Healthcare decision maker and Strategic Account management tactical development in collaboration with Strategic Marketing
- Manage external medical conferences and engage with external customers
- Establish and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders and advocacy groups where appropriate
- Proactively support the sales force through ongoing communications of product plans, as well as through development and implementation of effective selling materials
- Participate in market research and patient immersions to better understand market drivers and dynamics and to “get in the shoes” of our consumers and HCP
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of marketing plans and recommend changes in strategy or tactics as appropriate
- Monitor and analyze all sources of company and industry sales and marketing data
- Participate on and contribute to cross-functional teams
- Communicate up, down, and laterally in an effective manner
*Job Grade will be determined based on candidate experience level.
- Grade 18:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ Years of experience in marketing in general or 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a comparable product
- 3-5 years of experience in leading on independent projects
- Strong ability to partner across functions and with management
- Additional Grade 19 Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree. Masters preferred.
- 5-7 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience with a focus on project management
- Strong analytics with excellent overall business acumen
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to foster strong relationships with senior management and external partners
- Oncology/hematology experience
- Launch experience in pharmaceutical marketing or sales
- Knowledge of marketing concepts within strategic planning process.
- Strong presentation experience and proficient powerpoint skills
- Strong collaboration and team orientation, with experience accomplishing results through others and influencing others.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of market research to draw valid conclusions.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.