Associate Director, Decision Support
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, Decision Support facilitates and leads a deep-dive project team for single-asset decision analysis projects, develops insights and presents results. Independently facilitates data collection and assessments for the Plan Portfolio and LRP process, and contributes to portfolio analyses.
Key Responsibilities Includes:
- Facilitate and lead project teams on single-asset decision or other strategic analysis projects. Apply the methods of decision analysis or other analytic best practices to structure the decision problem, analyze the data, and develop results and insights. Facilitate/manage decision team meetings to effectively convey and obtain information necessary for successful completion of analyses
- Facilitate and contribute to the development and execution of processes, timelines, tools and templates for Plan Portfolio / LRP data collection, as well as other decision and strategic analyses
- Construct strategic models/dashboards to accurately reflect technical and commercial attributes of a project / asset for Plan Portfolio and LRP
- Provide decision analysis support for AbbVie pipeline teams, including development of dynamic financial models and generation / communication of key insights using Monte Carlo simulations, decision trees, sensitivity analyses, waterfall/tornado charts, etc.
- Keep abreast of Decision Analysis and Operations Research literature and attend and contribute to conferences and symposia on DA and Portfolio Analysis
- Scientific background (with business experience or training such as MBA) or business background (with experience in pharma R&D)
- Superior critical-thinking skills, with ability to frame business issues and apply data analysis to support decision-making
- Superior communication skills, adept at communicating with senior leadership
- Experience in team leader and facilitation role; organizational and project management skills commensurate with conducting a decision analysis project with a multi-functional team
- Strong, general leadership skills including diplomacy, conflict resolution and risk management
- Experience relevant to the pharmaceutical industry required; able to recognize and understand issues related to pharmaceutical R&D and commercialization
- Proficiency with decision analysis techniques and software typically used in decision analysis modeling (e.g. Precision Tree, Crystal Ball) preferred
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.