Sr. Mgr, Medical Education
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
Summary: Allergan is committed to the ongoing training and development of our sales team and customers. The Body Contouring Customer Education Team is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of internal and external customers by creating valuable content delivered training through various educational programs and platforms such as CoolSculpting University, Fundamentals Courses and Provider Training. The Sr. Training Manager plays an integral role in the development and success of our Body Contouring Training Programs.
- Facilitate CoolSculpting University, an industry-leading Customer Education Training Program to increase the success of the CoolSculpting procedure within practices at Allergan Training Centers.
- Conduct CoolSculpting Fundamentals Courses, a best-in-class customer training program in a local market to develop body contouring assessment and consultative skill set for customers
- Assist in the development of additional training programs and materials that meet the needs of both customers and sales team members to improve product delivery, clinical knowledge and sales skills.
- Act as a brand ambassador to both customers and employees that attend educational courses at an Allergan Training Center.
- Analyze and assess the performance strength of sales team members that attend CoolSculpting University as breakout leaders and provide mentoring and coaching to improve their skill set.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to identify learning objectives for Body Contouring customers that will maximize sales effectiveness through training.
- Deliver timely updates to course curricula and training materials that reflect changes in product offerings and market demands by identifying ongoing training needs and objectives.
- Work in conjunction with the clinical training team members to ensure adherence to the clinical training protocols and department standards.
- Coordinate course materials with corresponding team members to ensure successful training event.
- Work with the sales team to track and evaluate program trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travel to domestic markets as required, up to 70% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years experience in customer education training desired; sales experience in aesthetic industry is preferred.
- Significant classroom training experience, on procedure training, consultation, business-to business (B2B) and selling skills is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Able to demonstrate how past educational presentations were created and delivered to customers, peers and prospects with measurable results.
- Strong organizational, scheduling, planning and prioritizing abilities.
- High degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
- History of managing budgets, expenses and executing training meetings.
- Strong field credibility based on a successful selling track record, detailed product knowledge and ability to communicate succinctly and efficiently.
- Hands-on experience with a sales force is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of FDA and regulatory statutes as applied to the Company’s products, with the ability to function in an environment controlled by outside regulatory entities.
- Valid driver’s license issued by the state in which the individual resides; good driving record.
- Ability to travel, up to 70% domestically
- Home office capability is required with reliable high speed internet access.
Analytical and Reading Skills:
Ability to read, understand and abide by company procedures. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and report on findings.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 10 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 10 hours per day. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Most work is performed in an office-like setting. The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate. Employee is regularly required to travel to Allergan Training Centers and regional training programs and is exposed to outside weather conditions; close, distance, and peripheral vision are required along with the ability to adjust focus and depth perception. Exposure to noise level may be high.
Allergan is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Significant Work Activities
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Level Code
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.