Senior Administrative Assistant
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Sr. Administrative Assistant & Operations Specialist
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
Dual responsibility for providing advanced administrative support to the Director, Marketing Analytics & Business Insights, and is responsible for executing the office systems, policies, and procedures of the Medical Therapeutics and CNS Market Research and Analytics team to enhance team efficiency and output in delivering against the business unit’s goals. Objectives include maintaining compliant market research and vendor operations, facilitating successful completion of MABI project logistics within our internal project setup and routing system, and procuring project POs in an expedient manner. This position requires close interaction with internal stakeholders (Administrative Assistants, Finance, Financial Compliance, Global Commercial Development, Legal, Purchasing, ODC, OEC, and IT) and external agencies.
Executive Assistant Accountabilities
Maintains and manages calendar to include proactively resolving meeting conflicts throughout the day and occasionally after hours. Monitors leader’s calendar to anticipate changes throughout the day and notify others of meeting conflicts. Strives to give others timely advanced notice if meetings must be changed. Books and organize travel arrangements as needed. Prepares and submits all expense reports in a timely manner following AbbVie policies. Coordinates with onboarding team to set up initial meet & greets for new hires, and assists in the ordering of phones, iPads, etc. for new hires. Attends staff meetings to record meeting notes, action items, and address any technical issues. Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories. Assists in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports as needed. Consistently handles confidential or business sensitive information. Replies to email, telephone, or face to face inquiries in a timely manner. Directly interacts with Division VPs and their administrative assistants.
Works within cross-matrix teams to execute policies, and procedures of Medical Therapeutics market research set-up and authorization, as well as represents Market Research to Finance, Purchasing, Marketing, Legal, ODC, and OEC in these areas. Maintains compliant market research and Vendor operations. Effectively manages the tactical execution of internal systems to achieve compliance against internal market research project administration. Facilitates an efficient, lean, and agile environment for the Market Research team, which consists of employees and contractors/consultants.
- High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a corporate business environment
- Experience in providing support to Director level or higher
- Self-starter and able to function at a high level with general instructions
- Learns quickly and is flexible to change course quickly when needed
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally team oriented and can-do attitude to be a proactive contributor to the organization
- Strong written communication skills, able to interact with internal and external colleagues clearly and concisely
- Consistently demonstrates focused attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working in audit or regulated environments preferred
- Uses and understands Microsoft Office suite and understands virtual meeting technology
- Acts with a sense of urgency and drive for results recognizing MABI contributions to the business and serving our patients
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.