Business Systems Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities with high-level business unit executives. Provides advice, assistance and leadership in any area associated with the planning, procurement, provision, delivery, management, maintenance and effective business use of information sysstems for a business area. Analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing technology components. Translates business requirements into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads, coordinates/performs testing, verification, and validation of requirements.
- Works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and business drivers and business strategy across multiple business units; identifies and communicates resulting needs and opportunities for business process improvement that can be enabled via technology;
- Investigates and understands capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across the business area and similar and interconnected business areas in AbbVie and investigates available technologies applied to this business area in industry; identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
- Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities for the application of new or existing technology capabilities (across multiple business areas) with high-level business unit executives providing key opinion-leading clients with comprehensive strategic analyses and insights to help them discover strategic uses of technology products and services.
- Develops, leads, or reviews the creation of information systems strategy to support the strategic requirements of multiple business areas. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. May prepare testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete. Conducts training.
- Makes recommendations to process stakeholders regarding the correct approach to achieve process improvement objectives. These may include business process outsourcing, application development or adopting business process management (BPM) practices.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other BTOs to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts. Manages relationships between clients involved and BTOs to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within BTS on behalf of customers; coordinates portfolio of solutions, and identifies interdependencies.
- Allies with other BTOs to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps BTS managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts. Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
- Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed business process improvements and the technical solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Bachelor's degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience.
- Exercises latitude in the approach to problem solving.
- Determines and develops approach and solutions to problem.
- SAP S/4 implementation experience involving Order to Cash business processes and EDI.
- Proficiency with technical documentation and master/transactional data migration (e.g., functional design specifications, test scripts, data mapping rules, data loads, etc.)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.