Associate Director, Digital Strategy & Operations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
If you live and breathe all things Digital, then we want to talk to you! Medical Therapeutics Digital Marketing Team (MDM) is on a mission to transform the data driven digital marketing in the pharmaceutical industry. Medical Therapeutics brands and disease states are exciting, including household names like BOTOX® for multiple uses, blockbuster Eye Care brands like Restasis and Refresh….and many new/exciting product launches coming! This is an amazing opportunity for a candidate that has a passion for digital marketing. If you want to be a part of an industry-defining team, then we want to hear from you.
The Digital Marketing team is excited to welcome new talent, from all industries. The team is comprised of technology and marketing experts with diverse backgrounds. Pharma experience not required, in fact outside industry experience is welcomed!
The Associate Director of Digital Strategy & Operations will be responsible for creating a world-class digital marketing infrastructure to support Paid Search, Display, Social, Programmatic, OLV and Connected TV campaigns. In addition, the candidate will leverage end-to-end performance reporting capabilities, highlighting efficacy of campaigns and identify opportunities for our omni-channel digital activations. This person will have in-house and agency support but should be equally comfortable “getting their hands dirty” creating new marketing use cases, campaign requirements, business rules, and measurement plans to drive new data driven marketing capabilities. This individual should be highly collaborative, as they will be working with various internal brand leads, agencies, and marketing technology partners as well as building buy-in from key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a strong track-record demonstrating how s/he has successfully taken ideas from inception to completion.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Directs the development of company digital marketing programs. Leverages consumer research, digital performance analysis, marketing investment and technology advancements to design marketing use cases to drive new data driven marketing capabilities.
- Evaluates the needs of all cross-functional teams and how to best support organizational priorities, revenue growth and strong patient adherence campaigns.
- Partners effectively with cross-functional leads to deliver against the business plans and digital marketing goals established for supported products
- Acts as subject matter expert on best practices for digital marketing capabilities and activation; advises cross-functional teams on process improvements, performance tracking and high-quality technical execution.
- Able to strategically organize large projects into actionable deliverables; able to effectively prioritize high volume of work across all the business functions to focus on delivery and driving measurable impact.
- Strong communication skills and able to work with broader Digital Operations teams and leadership members to effectively socialize campaign objectives, business benefits, new capabilities and channel execution strategies.
- Provide oversight of digital operations, ensure high quality solution delivery and successfully drive solutions to operational issues
- Continually seeks opportunities to drive improved marketing delivery processes; supports organizational change and new training opportunities to operational new capabilities into the marketing organization. Identifies opportunities to innovate and evolve; proactively drives new ways of working and exceptional consumer experiences.
Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree preferred.
8+ years’ experience in Digital Marketing
Agency experience a plus
Must have a deep understanding of the Various Marketing Platform Technologies, Social platforms, Ad Servers, Programmatic Buying Platforms, Online Video, Email Marketing, Push notifications, Mobile, Connected TV offerings, Audience Management platforms (i.e. LiveRamp, etc) to ensure our “best of breed” marketing solution evolve to provide a competitive advantage
Understanding and an appreciation for all digital channels and how they can work together to drive the most efficient patient office visits with patients and prescription sales.
Expert communication, presentation and analytics preparation skills required
Work extensively with data science teams to deliver new in-house analytics and data modeling capabilities that drive a competitive advantage
A proven track record of personal success and ambitious undertakings
A passion for building, bringing to market, and scaling digital products and services
Willingness to travel 25% of the time
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
401k with up to 8% company match
Vacation / PTO
Entire week off for the winter holidays
On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
Discounts on Allergan products
Complimentary snack and beverage bar
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.