ITSM Product Owner
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Technical Product Owner takes on several roles, including business strategist, product designer, market analyst, customer liaison, and project manager. They are responsible for the vision, implementation and effectiveness of the product designed, governance and compliance (where applicable) and for adoption/consumption of the product. Product can either be technical capability/functionality or process.
- Research and analyze industry trends, users, functional stakeholder needs/strategies and future of platform and processes.
- Define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities according to business value, business need or ROI and be able to communicate within team and to key stakeholders.
- Develop and communicate business case in order to secure investment for product roadmap.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Plan and prioritize backlog, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Lead the planning product release plan and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Providing direction to the platform and development team and stakeholders on vision and create requirements and conduct testing, feedback sessions and final approval.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful deployment including technical design issues, user experience and change management.
- Ability to assess key stakeholder engagement and communication plan required to enable organization to understand and consume value of product.
- As product, ensure end to end governance/compliance mechanisms are enabled as part of the product roadmap.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience
- At least 4+ year experience in planning, designing and delivery of IT processes or solutions.
- Project Management/business partnering/Business Analysis experience
- Cross-Functional/Cross-Company Working Experience
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies. Experience as product/solution owner
- Experience in regulated environment is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Certifications in project management and/or ITIL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Effective communication and persuading Business and IT Leaders
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.