Director, Statistical Programming
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Responsible for leading and directing the statistical programming strategy for multiple clinical projects across multiple therapeutic areas<br/>through own effort and those of their staff. Provide training and performance management for staff. Assist management in resource<br/>estimation and resource management.
- SAS Programming: Demonstrated extensive understanding of SAS programming concepts and techniques appropriate to thepharmaceutical industry. Able to critically review programming techniques and strategy. Recognizes limitations in programming strategy andcorrects flaws proactively.
- Standards: Monitors and interprets industry/regulatory trends and regulatory guidance. Sets both short and long term vision for programmingstandards. Ensures programming standards work seamless with related function’s standards.
- DATABASE ACTIVITIES:Case report forms and database definitions: Provides strategic guidance on the development of CRFs and database designs. Providesstrategic guidance on global standards related to CRF designs and database designs.
- Derivation Programming, Submission Data Sets and Programs: Demonstrated proficiency in interpreting statistical analysis plans anddeveloping analysis data set specifications. Monitors and interprets industry/regulatory trends and regulatory guidance. Sets both short andlong term vision for programming standards
- Client Interation: Works collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to manage priorities and resources across therapeutic areas. Buildsrelationships with external partners and service organizations. Demonstrates an understanding of drug development principles. Anticipatespotential problems within and across projects and develops appropriate contingency plans. Creates escalation plans to ensure resolution ofall issues at the therapeutic and project levels. Provides strategic guidance and is bu
- Communication: Effectively and persuasively presents statistical programming concepts, assessment of risks and impacts and logicalarguments to other statistical programmers, statisticians, scientists and non-scientists.Effectively presents information through planning and execution of meetings and presentations.
- Training and Mentoring: Provides coaching and mentoring to first line managers when needed. Provides strong professional and technicalleadership to maintain highly motivated staff. Arranges appropriate training opportunities for staff to facilitate their timely career development.Ensures consistency of training opportunities across the organization. Ensures that self and staff are compliant with training requirements.
- Resource Management: Manages statistical programming staff by appropriate assignment of responsibilities, defining scope and reviewingactivities/progress so that projects are delivered on time with suitable quality.Allocates resources to projects such that the correct balance of expertise and experience is maintained for all projects. Responsible forassisting the Global Director of Statistical Programming in preparing global resource planning.
- Establishes high expectations and goals to ensure organizational success and leads staff to meet or exceedthose goals. Creates an organization that executes efficiently and is committed to meeting goals. Encourages a culture of open, honestcommunication where all are encouraged to express their views.
- MS in Statistics, Computer Science or a related field with 12+ years of relevant experience. OR BS in Statistics, Computer Science or arelated field with 14+ years of relevant experience.
- High degree of technical competence and communication ability, both oral and written. Highly competent in SAS programming and Macrodevelopment. Pharmaceutical experience with clinical trials, including familiarity with expectations of regulatory agencies, especially FDA andEMEA. NDA/BLA or other regulatory filing experience, including ISS or ISE experience. Thorough understanding of ICH Guidelines andrelevant regulatory requirements. A minimum of 5 yrs management experience required.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.