Senior Manager, Digital Transformation Learning
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
A strategic and value-adding leader, true learning partner to global brand teams and affiliates, expert in performance optimization, capability building and change management, providing high impact, cross-functional learning interventions, experience and programs, best practices sharing and taking, which enable AbbVie and its matrix teams to be always future ready now and ahead of the curve on the critical capability: Digital Transformation.
- Under the guidance of the Commercial Leadership Team, the Global Customer Excellence Leadership Team (GM, Capabilities Directors and Functional Senior Directors), the FutureFit Operating Team (GCEX LT, Area CEX & BTS, Capability Functional Leads, Go-to-GBT Leads), and the DT Capability Building Team Leads, has a strategic oversight for all learning programs/experience aiming at building the Digital Transformation in our Affiliates and in our global brand teams to further embed the MCM (Multi-Channel Management) and Future Fit Now in order to reach the Omni-Channel future state.
- Reporting into the Associate Director, DT/WWD Capabilities, Global Learning, works closely with Area/Core Affiliates (i.e., CEX and BTS Directors, MABI and Learning Leads, Brand Team Leaders/Commercial Directors, Medical Directors, Market Access Directors) to ensure Affiliates have the right DT Capability building Implementation Plans and required content and resources to execute flawlessly.
- Works closely with the global brand teams (GMs, GBTLs, Marketing Directors, Brand Managers) to ensure they receive the learning and development they require to become strong partners in delivering optimal content and programs to our Affiliates when it comes to DT.
- Working with the GCEX LT, to ensure respective DT learning programs deliver measurable/impact outcomes across the globe.
- Working closely with GMCO, GMA, GMAP, BTS to ensure alignment with our core processes, ways of working and systems.
- Working closely with BHR and Talent, to ensure total alignment as we build our competency models for our matrix teams such as Brand Teams (i.e., Marketing) and IFTs including some Digital skills and new behaviours/expectations focusing on the Omni-Channel future state.
- Working closely with the Director, BEA/Strategic Initiatives Global Learning to ensure integration of the right DT/MCM/new Customer Engagement model content in the Brand Excellence Academy.
- Leads on the design and delivery of innovative learning solutions across the entire organisation, always ensuring excellence in execution and that organizational and global learning goals are supported.
- As part of the Capabilities Global Learning team, makes sure to connect the dots between the capabilities building in line with our AbbVie Operating Model, shares and takes best practices.
- Manages complex stakeholder relationships and external providers efficiently and effectively to time and to budget with clear measurable outcomes.
- Shares agreed outcome metrics for core initiatives, results, best practices, and learnings across learning network at Area and Global levels.
- Maintains a high level of Continuing Professional Development in Learning & Development, keeping up to date, external and internal benchmarking.
- Bachelor's Degree: BBA or related advanced degree.
- 5+ years as Learning Professional, ideally with a Digital Learning experience.
- 3 years of Commercial and/or marketing and/or Customer Excellence, preferentially in an affiliate.
- Working in or strong collaboration with Global Areas and/or Top 12 countries; previous role in Area and/or Affiliate is preferred.
- Knowledge of instructional design systems or extensive experience in training, development of training and curriculum design.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of digital platforms and technologies to support virtual ways of working.
- Master facilitation skills including the ability to deliver programs to multi-cultural audiences, both face-to-face and virtually.
- Networking with external key stakeholders, industry forums and learning specialists to inform a compelling and differentiated learning and capability strategy.
- Strategic thinking & business planning skills, necessary to diagnose needs, develop, direct and influence commercial training and organizational development.
- Strong negotiation skills in achieving and consolidating cost efficiencies through Vendor Selection/Supply Management.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.