Field Access Specialists Program Operations Manager, Immunology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
People. Passion. Possibilities. Those three simple words mean everything at AbbVie, where patients always come first. So do cutting-edge science and innovation, which fuel our expanding pipeline as we take on the world's toughest health challenges in oncology, immunology, liver disease, women's health and beyond. Together, we strive to make a difference for patients around the world. For more visit: www.abbvie.com.
The Field Access Specialist Program Operations Manager, Immunology is responsible for ensuring that the Immunology Field Access Specialist (FAS) team has the appropriate resources, support, and information to deliver on patient and franchise expectations. In addition, the Program Operations Manager assists in identifying and leading strategic initiatives in the field and identifies opportunities to improve overall field communications and operations. An ability to work cross functionally, influence without authority, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with a strong attention to detail and project management is critical to the role’s success.
- Build strong internal/external relationships amongst cross-functional groups and partners (Patient Services, Abbvie Access Support (AAS), vendors, Legal, OEC, BTS, FFE, CA&O) to ensure integration and execution of business strategies.
- Develop and maintain communication strategy and structure between all internal stakeholders (Patient Services, AAS, Market Access) to ensure the field team is educated and aware of appropriate information
- Manage iRep platform including updates and resulting analytics for FAS team.
- Working with MABI, FAS Area managers, and AAS and hub vendor analytics, ensure both in-house and field-based teams have relevant, timely, and accurate data points and information.
- Coordinate all aspects of business meetings and National Meetings for the FAS team, including site selection, contracting, logistics, and agendas.
- Collaborate with the training department to develop materials that integrate marketing strategies and are customized to reflect the needs of the FAS team both for initial and ongoing training.
- Support the FAS team through field travel to gain insights into FAS activities, challenges, and opportunities.
- Leads strategic initiatives (pilots, new programs, brand/product expansions).
- Supports Area Managers by coaching FAS during field travel and performing compliance ride-alongs
- Manages escalations from other field teams, coordinating compliant and prompt responses
- Coordinates the onboarding process for all new hires, ensure training, IT, and systems are aligned and operational.
- Manage projects and initiatives within identified time and budget parameters.
- Travel up to 50%+ of the time. Field-based
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of management, marketing, leadership, or field operations experience
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, analytical capability, execution, and follow-through
- Ability to work independently and negotiate with all levels in a highly matrixed organization.
- Proven ability to identify, address, and influence stakeholder needs
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations. Fully competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
- MBA preferred
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of the prescription landscape for specialty drugs.
- Field operations experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.