Research Associate, Cell Culture Technologist
As part of our manufacturing process development team, we are seeking a highly capable and enthusiastic cell culture technologist. This position will report to the Process Development Scientist associated with the allogeneic program and will work with a multidisciplinary group of technologist and scientists to support the development of novel immunotherapies for the treatment of cancers. The scope of the work will encompass maintenance of cell culture stocks, optimization, and manufacturing of allogenic T cell therapy product for use in comparability studies and in-vitro and in-vivo preclinical studies, and ultimately for use in clinical trials. This role requires direct hands-on experience with cell culture process, analytical instrumentation and in-depth method and instrument troubleshooting skills. The candidate will additionally be expected to execute T cell culture experiments using a combination of both scaled down and manufacturing scale systems.
• Work with the Allogeneic Process Development team assist in the design, and execution of innovative process parameters
• Execute feasibility testing of emerging technologies and execute experiments to ensure GMP readiness and compliance with regulatory expectations
• Collaborate with team to experimentally determine key process and product control attributes, material attributes
• Analyze results and draft protocols and technical reports to communicate conclusions
• Assist with the compilation data package, operating procedures, and technical documentation to support technology implementation within process development
• Participate in the performance of analytics to further characterize Triumvira’s allogenic T cell product.
• Assist other staff to complete all laboratory tasks as necessary
• Other duties and responsibilities as required
• Master of Science with 1 year. of laboratory experience or Bachelor of Science Degree in biological science or related field with 2 yrs. of experience.
Work-Related Skills & Experience:
• At least one year of dedicated cell culture experience
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, prioritize work across multiple projects
• Ability to learn new technologies and acquire knowledge quickly in the rapidly expanding adoptive T-cell therapy field
• 2+ years of mammalian or primary cell culture laboratory experience
• 2+ years of prior laboratory experience with relevant analytical assays and bioassays
• Experience in experimental design, execution, data analysis and troubleshooting
• Experience with cell selection, T cell activation, cell washing, lentiviral transduction, and cryopreservation
• Preference for experience in the field of Cell & Gene Therapy and in an industry environment
• Flow cytometry experience is desired
• Capacity for flexible working arrangements