Scientist - Cell Biology and Immunology
About Anven Biosciences
Anven Biosciences is developing innovative small molecule therapies to treat neurodegenerative, infectious, cancer, autoimmune, and other diseases through chemical biology and translational medicine. Using its unique platform, Anven is building a pipeline of orally bioavailable small molecules that perform like monoclonal antibodies. We are supported in this mission by world leaders in their respective scientific fields and some of the most innovative pharma companies.
Position Description: Scientist (Cell Biology and Immunology)
We are seeking a talented and motivated scientist in Cell Biology and Immunology to support our discovery projects. The candidate will be responsible for the screening of novel protein targets and cell surface molecules, learn and apply new skills in the discovery of novel compounds, and supporting related nonclinical activities of our development programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling of target proteins through all phases of the assigned projects from concept through to release -- and will manage prioritization and timely execution of the project tasks. This individual will work closely with purification, QC, and chemistry team members.
- Screen proteins and cell surface receptors for small molecule discovery projects.
- Purification and characterization of proteins and cell surface receptors.
- Measure protein small molecule binding interactions (e.g. affinity and specificity).
- Perform biophysical assays including ELISA, Biacore, Flow Cytometry etc.
- Preparation, set up, and operation of automated and manual equipment modes.
- Perform protein purification, labeling and screening by bead-based assays.
- Efficiently screen and deliver hits for further validation.
- Actively contribute to project teams and work effectively across functional teams to help advance programs.
- Participate in group meetings, report status of work in progress, interpret and present data, and draw conclusions regarding material and nature of results.
- Monitor and evaluate tasks to meet project time frames.
- Support decision making processes while working with discovery team.
- Demonstrate good verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- A Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Immunology, or a related subject with 0-4 years of post-doctoral, industry and/or academic experience.
- In-depth knowledge of protein expression, purification, labeling and analytical techniques, including ELISA, Biacore, Flow Cytometry etc.
- Experience in cell-based in vitro assays and common molecular techniques.
- Experience in E3 ligase biology and targeted protein degradation is a plus.
- Prior working experience in neurodegenerative or infectious diseases is preferred.
- Demonstrate good computer skills; a working knowledge of ChemDraw, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism and literature searching software like SciFinder is required.
- Strong desire to work in multi-disciplinary teams, to learn new skills and to proactively solve problems.
- Record of publications in Cell Biology, Immunology, or a related subject.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- Creative thinker with a strong sense of responsibility and a collaborative spirit to work in a start-up environment.
Anven Biosciences Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, veteran status, gender identity and expression or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. Anven is offering a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please email your resume or CV