We are currently searching for a Biological Scientist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct in vivo pharmacokinetics evaluation of test agents (small molecules, proteins,
- antibodies, nanoparticles) in xenograft tumor models.
- Conduct cell culture procedures and tumor inoculation with cell lines.
- Conduct in vivo oncology models, administration routes (i.v., s.c., i.p., i.d.), making in vivo tumor measurements, collecting samples for ex vivo assays.
- Assist in sample processing, homogenization for ex vivo analysis including flow cytometry, blood, and plasma measurements.
- Understand and implement study protocols according to ACUC and other guidelines.
- Assists with performing basic laboratory experiments and procedures.
- Plan and administer biological research programs.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain various lab samples, supplies, and equipment.
- Collect and analyze biological data about relationships among and between organisms and their environment.
- Supervise biological technicians and technologists and other scientists.
- Monitor and observe experiments, recording production and test data for evaluation by research personnel.
- Analyze experimental data and interpret results to write reports and summaries of findings.
- Willing to learn new laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Operate, calibrate, or maintain equipment used in quantitative or qualitative analysis, such as spectrophotometers, calorimeters, flame photometers, or computer-controlled analyzers.
- Maintain laboratory equipment, operate laboratory equipment to analyze samples, and analyze laboratory findings.
- Program and use computers to store, process, and analyze data.
- Monitor operational procedures in technical environments to ensure conformance to standards.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences, or a related discipline.
- Minimum (4) four years related experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team, provide and receive technical assistance to/from others in a wide range of laboratory-based activities/techniques, while displaying strong organizational and timely record-keeping skills.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.