Associate Director, Sales Operations & Analytics
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
- The Associate Director, Sales Operations & Analytics, US Commercial will be responsible for creating, measuring, and tracking key business performance metrics for the Seqirus portfolio, including support for future launches. This individual will be an integral partner to the Sales and Marketing teams. Key components to this role will include developing and monitoring KPIs, highlighting issues, investigating and interpreting data, and communicating findings to leadership to drive strategic and operational decisions. In addition, this role will be involved with validating effectiveness of commercial strategies and tactics and providing recommendations around new performance metrics to track. This role will also be critical in assessing new infrastructure needs along with corresponding BI reporting tools to enhance in-house analytics and reporting capabilities. The role has 2 direct reports who are responsible for Incentive Compensation, Targeting/Segmentation, Data Acquisition, Development of Analytics and day-to-day support for the Commercial organization.
- The Associate Director will be a strong team leader and player/coach, who is able to develop high performing teams and work effectively to support the needs of multiple functions within the Commercial organization. They will be action and deadline oriented, focused on attention to detail and accuracy. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a downstream commercial team, supporting commercial operations. They will also be strong in insight generation, helping teams to process and understand data to generate actionable insights that directly impact business performance.
- The Associate Director will be responsible for building collaborative relationships with various organizations including but not limited to: Sales, Product Marketing, Sales Enablement, Customer Experience, IT, Demand Planning, Customer Service, Contract Management, and Legal.
- The AD will assist the Director of Sales Force Effectiveness by providing reports/dashboards, analysis and recommendations that will be used with sales management to make business decisions. The position reports to the Director of Sales Force Effectiveness and resides in the US Commercial Operations Team.
- Accountable for developing, coaching and advancement opportunities to the Sales Operations and Analytics Team.
- Will advise the Director of Sales Force Effectiveness in the development of objectives, long-range and strategic plans, and identification of strengths and weaknesses of the Sales Operations and Analytics Team.
Growth of In-House Analytics & Reporting Capabilities
- Set the analytics and reporting strategy framework and tools in support of the commercial organization.
- Use benchmarking studies and technical expertise to evaluate and recommend new tools to be brought in-house.
- Lead and collaborate cross-functionally to manage, implement, and train (where needed) on new process improvements and/or tools.
- Work cross functionally with IT, Commercial Operations and sales teams to identify opportunities to optimize data structures or processes to improve sales productivity.
Maintain and Support Business Needs
- Leads all aspects related to the Sales Operations & Analytics Team.
- Support the bottoms-up forecasting at all stages of the sales cycle, including any additional analysis to support new opportunities.
- Support all analytical needs related to competitive scenario planning
- Perform custom analysis to support the development of pricing and contracting strategies. Analyze price trends and price impact and profitability across all channels.
- Support the effort to streamline contract related processes.
- Support new demand planning initiatives, including partnering on reporting outputs cross-system. •
- Incentive Compensation, Targeting/Segmentation, Territory Alignment
- Leads the development, management and execution of the Incentive Compensation plans across multiple sales teams.
- Leads the targeting/segmentation, execution and communication across multiple sales teams.
- Performs varied analysis to provide recommendations to the cross-functional team for IC, Targeting/Segmentation and Territory Alignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, Engineering or Computer Science. MBA Preferred.
- Minimum of 10 plus years of relevant Sales Operations, and/or Commercial Analytics role supporting commercial operations.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to successfully manage competing priorities, meet challenging deadlines, and work independently and strategically across matrix organizations to develop a detailed understanding of processes.
- The successful candidate must have a demonstrated track record of strong attention to detail; accountability and ownership of results; flexibility and adaptability in a rapidly changing environment; prior supervisory experience and ability to develop others; and the ability to escalate issues as appropriate.
- Strong analytical, communication, and teamwork skills are essential as well as an ability to interact and influence with different partners (local or remote).
- Proficiency in Excel is required.
- Experience in the following areas is strongly preferred: Power BI, SAS, SAP, IQVIA.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and priorities