Principal Data Scientist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.Principal Data Scientist
As part of the Center for Design and Analysis Data Science team, you will collaborate with business partners, service owners and IS peers to develop predictive and prescriptive models and generate insights across the Clinical Development Organization.
This position will work alongside our Knowledge Management team to deliver solutions that surface knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data sources.
This position will innovate and create significant business impact through the use of advanced analytics techniques to help Amgen with its mission to serve patients by helping them get the therapies they need.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. This role will help drive the development of data science capabilities across Amgens Clinical Development organization through:
- Collaboration with cross functional teams on projects and/or programs with aims to systematically derive insights that ultimately derive substantial business value for Amgen and our patients
- Experience with unstructured data sources to support our Knowledge Management strategy
- Ability to be both hands-on and also lead cross-functional teams to complete projects
- Building high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts using R or Python
- Identifying business needs and proposing potential analytics approaches for solutions
- Creating prototypes and demonstrations to access and utilize data assets
- Presenting analysis ideas, progress and results to leadership and business partners
- Ensuring systems meet business requirements and industry best practices
- Assuring compliance with regulatory, security, and privacy requirements as it relates to data assets
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is proficient with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related fieldOr
Masters degree and 2 years of applied data science and/or data science functional leadership experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 4 years of applied data science and/or data science functional leadership experienceOr
Associate degree and 10 years of applied data science and/or data science functional leadership experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of applied data science and/or data science functional leadership experiencePreferred Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience with variety of data analysis and modeling methods particularly in their application to knowledge management with demonstrated mastery in the application of natural language processing (NLP) and natural language generation (NLG)
- Experience with technologies and analytics utilizing knowledge graphs or other graph data sources
- Proficient in SQL, Python, and R
- Strong statistics and programming background with proven experience delivering on data science and machine learning projects
- Familiarity and background with biotechnology processes and regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with DevOps and good software practices (i.e., version control, continuous integration, test driven development)
- Strong communication skills and experience with client engagement: candidates will have outstanding experience engaging directly with clients (scientific/biological experience is preferred) in developing data science/machine learning or other software solutions
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitsApply now
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.