Process Development Associate
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Process Development Associate ScientistLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this dynamic role you will will work with a small team of talented scientists to lead and support the purification and conjugation of antibodies and proteins used in Immunoassays, bioassays, the creation and characterization ready-to-plate bioassay cell banks as well as technology development efforts to continuously improve existing processes. Responsibilities include:
- Perform experiments independently, organize and analyze results using integrated digital documentation and data visualization tools
- Purification of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies and conjugation of proteins using resin-based technologies and HPLC instruments
- Characterization of Critical Reagents and preparation of Certificates of Analysis
- Creation and characterization of adherent and suspension cell lines to create robust and high quality cell banks for use in Quality Control cell-based bioassays
- Management of a complex inventory database and inventory forecasting and planning
- Assess, develop and implement process improvements for generation and inventory management of all critical reagents
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with cross-functional team members, clients and partner organizations
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Process Development professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree and 2 years protein biochemistry, cell biology or molecular biology experience
- Strong hands-on experience in antibody purification and cell culture/cell biology techniques, protein conjugation
- Candidate should demonstrate the ability to understand, apply, and evaluate principles of protein chemistry and cell biology
- Detail oriented and excellent documentation skills; Demonstration of proficiency in digital data analysis and visualization
- Experience in digital inventory database management
- Strong and broad skills using the tools and techniques of Project Management; specifically, knowledge of SharePoint and Smartsheet
- Innovation and complexity: Make changes in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
- Communicates effectively with others, using appropriate diplomacy and sensitivity; makes others feel respected, valued and understood; works well in teams
- Advanced scientific/technical reading/writing skills, advanced scientific analysis skills, and advanced laboratory work skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
#Operations21Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.