Senior Research Associate, In vivo Pharmacology
Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach.
Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
Cellarity is seeking an energetic, talented and highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join our In Vivo Pharmacology efforts and play a vital role in the company’s efforts to progress small molecule lead candidates to IND by performing robust in vivo pharmacology studies. The candidate will join a team of scientists and research associates responsible for internal and external in vivo studies in all program stages. The successful candidate will report to the Head of in vivo Pharmacology and work closely with the biology and technology program teams to rapidly advance Cellarity’s platform and drug discovery programs. S/he will be comfortable working in and contributing to a highly dynamic, cross-functional and fast-paced entrepreneurial team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, driven, open-minded, curious, goal-oriented and have excellent communication skills.
- Contribute to study design, planning and performing in vivo experiments across a variety of disease models
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to:
- execute in vivo studies internally and coordinate externally (CRO, academic lab)
- analyze in vivo experiments and present experimental findings at internal meetings
- perform various in vitro/ex vivo analyses in generated animal samples
- author study reports
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- multiple dosing routes in rodent species
- multiple blood collection methods in rodent species
- performing necropsies with tissue collection, preservation and processing in rodent species
- writing detailed study protocols
- Experience with various formulation preparation methods
- Proficiency with Immunoassays, qPCR or Nanostring, IHC and western blotting would be a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in biology or related field, and minimum 2 years of relevant experience in bio-pharmaceutical industry.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.