Data Reliability Specialist
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Track and analyze metrics from experiments run on our High Throughput Screening (HTS) pipelines
- Provide actionable feedback to the HTS operations teams via written communication and weekly data review presentations.
- Improve data analysis systems, through detection, troubleshooting and escalating feature requests.
- Collaborate with HTS laboratory personnel, data science and engineering to develop a clear understanding of current workflow and underlying technology
- Perform deep dives on detected executional artifacts and run CAPA processes to effectively address detected quality issues
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll join the fast-paced Innovation and Scale-up team inside Recursion’s Core Operations Department. This team pulls together biologists, chemists, data scientists, software engineers and automation engineers to bring robust new assays to our High Throughput Screening (HTS) platforms. To ensure that our assays are performing as expected, all screening data that is generated on these HTS platforms needs to be monitored for quality. That is where you come in. As a Data Reliability Specialist you will advise on the best metrics to track for newly developed assays, assist with the implementation of new metrics, review all metrics necessary to ensure our screens are producing high quality data, diagnose any identified data artifacts and communicate your findings to relevant teams. In this cross-functional role you will be interfacing with our lab operations team to continuously improve our data generation and working alongside our software teams to iterate on our data review tools.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and generate insights from data
- Attention to detail and willingness to track down and troubleshoot problems
- Strong quantitative skills with a basic understanding of statistical concepts
- Comfortable working with computational tools - experience with programming techniques is a plus, e.g. Python, R, SQL, Splunk
- Clear understanding of experiment design and the scientific method
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.