Research Associate III/Sr. RA
Manager: Associate Scientist
Department: Technical Operations
Location: Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is part of the Vector Production and Development Group, manufacturing lentivirus to support our research and preclinical programs.
- Management of in-house lentivirus manufacturing effort including supervision of a production associate and ensuring that all preps are made correctly and on time
- Production and purification of lentivirus including cell culture, transfection and ultracentrifugation
- Support of lentivirus manufacturing by seed train maintenance, media preparation and buffer preparation
- Optimization and streamlining of lentivirus production processes, examining methods for increasing vector yield and/or vector potency
- Testing of lentivirus lots using Western blot analysis
- Database maintenance and entry using Smartsheet, Access and Excel databases
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. or higher in molecular biology, virology, biochemistry, process engineering or related field
- 5+ years experience in an academic research laboratory or biotechnology company
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture, viral production and purification
- Hands on expertise in Western blot analysis
- Ability to plan, execute and troubleshoot experiments, analyze data and present results
- Ability to maintain databases in Excel and Access, experience with Smartsheet a plus
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment with minimum supervision
- Strong written and oral communications skills
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.
If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please contact us through Recruiting@sangamo.com. Attach your contact information, your area of specialty, and any marketing information you wish to provide. Someone from the Talent Acquisition Department will contact you directly if there is a business need for your services.