Manager, GMP Warehouse
Manager: Associate Director, GMP Warehouse
Department: GMP Warehouse
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a GMP Warehouse Senior Supervisor that will work in harmony with functional leaders across the organization to support internal GMP Manufacturing operations and drive adherence to schedule while keeping a GMP mindset to provide materials in a quality and compliant manner. The Senior Supervisor will analyze performance metrics to ensure compliance, accuracy, and efficiency of operation, to grow capacity while maintaining focus on achieving on key company directives. The Supervisor will grow and develop leadership within the GMP Warehouse staff to support future growth.
- Drives standards for customer service through department. Ensures department activities, communications, standards, and task execution represent company expectations.
- Represents GMP Warehouse in all matters related to materials, planning, inventory, warehouse facilities, gmp cleaning, gmp gowning program and logistics.
- Own key reporting activities for GMP Warehouse operations and site activities related to inventory, department financials, KPI’s, cycle counts.
- Oversee daily operations across shifts, warehouses, and supporting service providers through auditing of activities, review of metrics, and direct supervision of department material handlers and specialists.
- Examine and evaluate department operations on a strategic level. Recommend and develop plans and strategies for continuous improvement, implement plans and monitor for effectiveness.
- Develop employees and intermediate leaders through coaching, training, and mentoring. Manage training program for new employees, as well as ongoing training for all GMP Warehouse personnel. Oversees material handlers and specialists in regard to employee development, training, performance management, and performance reviews. Ensures consistency of evaluation and disciplinary practices throughout department.
- Ensures department is audit ready at all times. Primary resource for all client and regulatory audit responsibilities; tour hosting, inspections, preparations, responses, as well as any actions resulting from audits.
- Conduct investigations related to materials management issues; implements corrective and preventative action plans to address deficient areas identified and to ensure adherence to all compliance based programs.
- Adheres to and is primarily responsible for all environmental, health and safety SOPs, regulatory requirements, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Ensures CAPA’s, Change Control Records (CCRs), and Deviations are addressed and managed in a prompt and thorough fashion. Supervisor holds ultimate responsibility for quality, completion, and timeliness for all compliance related actions. Supervisor must be comfortable performing technical writing for department for all required procedural revisions.
- Additional responsibilities to support GMP Warehouse and/or corporate activities may be necessary as designated by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree required, Graduate degree desirable
- Eight years+ experience handling and transacting lot-controlled inventory (preferably in a GMP environment), minimum 5 years of Supervisory experience
- IATA Dangerous Goods training and certification are preferred
- Working knowledge of Kanban, min/max, ERP, MRP and inventory management systems.
- APICS, NAPM, or CLM certification or equivalent training is highly desirable
- Ability to complete HAZMAT training, a requirement of performing portions of the work
- Ability to operate hand truck, lift trucks and other equipment, ability to certify and train other operators
- Strong collaborative skills, ability to develop working relationships with a wide range of people
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and assistance in making adjustments, locating errors, and resolution of inventory issues
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, with or without assistance of tandem lift or other materials handling equipment
- Ability to work in confined spaces, as well as refrigerated environments
- Good attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.