Product Director, DiamondGlow
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
Allergan Aesthetics Skincare is looking for an experienced Product Director to help us manage several brands in the Skincare portfolio including DiamondGlow, Latisse, Ocumend and Vaniqa. You’ll work across all levels and departments of the organization to develop and execute growth strategies for key brands.
- The core focus will be DiamondGlow, our advanced facial resurfacing device system. The Director will have the opportunity to build and scale the brand and help design the blueprint for the future including driving adoption and brand awareness among HCPs and patients.
- Latisse is our prescription eyelash enhancement business. The product director will develop and execute targeted marketing strategies that help protect and grow this business.
- The director will also have oversight and responsibility for the Ocumend and Vaniqa brands.
This individual should be highly collaborative, as they will be working with various internal customers and partners as well as getting buy-in from key stakeholders. This person will support B2B and B2C programs as well as promotional campaigns for the business across distribution channels. The ideal candidate will have a strong track-record demonstrating how s/he has successfully taken ideas or brands from inception to launch.
The Product Director interacts with Commercial Leadership, R&D, Clinical, and Strategic Marketing to identify, develop and implement marketing initiatives. This position develops strong working relationships with key physician opinion leaders, customers, and sales personnel.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing plans for the U.S. across integrated channels.
- Shape and communicate our vision and mission. Drive product category as a business with end-to-end accountability & build brand equity.
- Devise new, unique and innovative growth strategies to build awareness and positioning of this new brand
- Measure and report on brand KPIs to ensure initiatives are meeting or exceeding delivery goals, increasing ROI and revenue.
- Oversee budgets, sales forecasts and production forecasts for the brand and commercial launches.
- Develop and maintain a customer focus that includes the effective working relationships with key Customers, Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Finance, Legal, Clinical, and other cross-functional personnel.
- Lead brand initiatives across distribution channels for physician dispensed, salon & spa, and digital. Ensure initiatives and campaigns are in line with the brand’s integrated communication platform (imagery, digital, and point of sale).
- Develop differentiated brand & marketing concepts consistent with the brand’s purpose and industry trends. Lead the creative development to motivate the target audience to take action.
- Own and lead all facets of campaign/promotional management, including campaign/promotion set up, execution and analysis.
- Write marketing mix recommendation for product launches or product innovations, working closely with the departments involved (communication, digital, retails, etc.)
- Track, measure, and analyze performance of multiple digital advertising and field channel promotional campaigns, including creating detailed performance reports, campaign insights, recommendations and rationale for optimization strategies.
- Work directly with internal and external ad servers, vendors, clients, and internal staff on all elements of campaign management. Ensure proper integration of all campaign assets including creative, landing pages, ad trafficking, pixel placement and ad tracking.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, field sales organization and key customers to guide product positioning, key messaging and overarching brand strategy.
Digital & Social Strategy:
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Instagram, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Track, measure, and analyze performance of multiple digital advertising promotional campaigns, including creating detailed performance reports, campaign insights, recommendations and rationale for optimization strategies.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Work with social team to translate launch + core support strategies into social campaigns, including briefing influencer content and seeding programs
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
- 7+ years of specialty sales/marketing experience required
- Health & Beauty or Aesthetics industry marketing experience with an established track record in managing industry-based marketing functions
- Entrepreneurial. Enjoys identifying opportunities to shake things up and change the brand for the better
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Strong analytical skills partnered with a creative mind
- Data-driven thinking and an affinity for numbers
- Outstanding communication skills
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Ability to travel up to 30%
The below skills are attributes that may not be mandatory but are definitely desired in the ideal candidate.
- Highly desired: Beauty device and/or skincare marketing experience
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.