Manager, Quality & Continuous Improvement
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Manager of Quality Systems reports into the Associate Director of Quality Systems, Enterprise Excellence for US Patient Services (Team X-Factor). This role is responsible for overseeing established digital tool governance and responsible for development and implementation of US patient Services Management Reviews. The Manager of Quality Systems will work cross-functionally to identify KPIs, monitoring process, and creation of dashboard for reporting Quarterly into leadership. This role is also responsible to maintain a culture of excellence to ensure a superior experience for partners and patients that will deliver desired outcomes and enable timely, informed decisions.
- Accountable to lead the management review process for US Patient Services.
- Develop and monitor appropriate quality metrics for review by management including inputs into the management review process. Includes the identification and establishment of critical key performance indicators/metrics across all major areas to monitor the health of our systems.
- Utilize and build upon current program health check systems by driving data transparency across all of X-Factor.
- Support the initiatives to enhance customer experience and reporting of performance data through owning, maintaining, and improving the US Patient Service Digital Tools (e.g. Escalation Tool, Journey maps, and suggestion box) tools and process.
- Lead the development of a US Patient Services Vendor Quality Review process, including identification and establishment of critical keep performance indicators/metrics to measure health of vendor across business, quality and compliance requirements.
- Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes, and procedures that ensure compliance with policies and that the performance and quality of services conform to established internal and external standards and guidelines
- Provides support to internal functions in the application, maintenance and improvement of quality systems, procedures, and department specific processes.
- Makes contributions to identifying overall process and/or technology improvements.
- Support the creation of a continuous improvement culture that results in simplification and gained efficiencies throughout the business.
- Operate as a key leader in our quality efforts and be the champion of establishing the environment of continuous improvement. Work to integrate the quality system into all that we do, including project management, metrics, and performance review process.
- Stakeholder Management: Build cross-functional relationships to ensure end to end quality and manage risk. Responsible for engaging existing Enterprise Excellence partners, identifying new partners, providing awareness to key programs, set expectations, influence decisions, and maintain good relationships. Increase awareness and knowledge within the business on quality standards and expectations.
- Liaison and Relationship Building: Builds collaborative relationships. Interacts well with diverse groups across business and technology functions and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Culture: Consistently demonstrate Abbvie's Ways of Working and Leadership Attributes including an enterprise mindset and people leadership. Understand and execute AbbVie's vision, goals, and strategies. This role has responsibility for the performance and results strategically important functions.
- Position requires BS degree in a science related area.
- 5+ years of Quality Systems experience within the pharmaceutical industry with some leadership experience and a demonstrated understanding of relevant regulations and standard operating procedures.
- This role requires strong organizational, strategic thinking, analytical and reporting skills, and strong understanding of the patient services and pharmaceutical business.
- Requires an in-depth understanding of the pharmaceutical patient centricity, customer service oriented, and quality systems.
- The position requires human relations and administrative skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, co-leaders and senior leadership in Commercial, Business Technology Services, Legal, OEC, Manufacturing Operations, Global Medical Affairs, Promotions, Brand teams, and Global Patient Services.
- The individual must possess sound judgment in evaluating and establishing compliance strategic plans as well as in day-to-day situations.
- Conflict resolution skills including persuasive management techniques required.
- Excellent data creation and analytics skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required. Ability to communicate concepts and problems in terms that are understandable to all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
Key Stakeholders (optional):
Legal, OEC, CA&O (commercial compliance/MABI, training), BTS, PV, Brand teams, Purchasing, Corporate Audit, Global Patient Services, Manufacturing Operations, Regulatory, Promo, GMA
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.