Supervisor, Service Technicians
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
A Supervisor, Service Technicians role is to be responsible for the direct supervision of Production Assemblers, meeting product quality requirements and customer shipment deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for immediate and direct supervision of service technicians as a supervisor
- Provide support to the service technicians for parts request
- Assist with training of new employees
- Assist the Material Management Technician with daily request from technician as well as daily receipt of products
- Effectively complete detailed production plans by identifying tasks, deliverables, timelines and assignments
- Able to balance own workload and workload of others in order to meet customer shipment deadlines
- Constant involvement with Service Depot and Service Depot Management to effectively manage service teams (knows how/when to escalate issues)
- Creates and enforces quality integrity checks, coordinates the modification of processes as needed, and provides timely resolution for service quality related issues
- Applies analytical skills to proactively identify and solve business and technical problems
- Applies industry knowledge and technical experience to identify and implement process improvement
- Use SAP to transact service orders
- Takes full ownership and accountability for production work
- Must be available to work extended hours as requested by the manager. This may include nights, weekends, and holidays during times critical to our business such as month-end, quarter-end, and year-end
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which Allergan complies.
Language and Verbal Skills:
Individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.Math Skills:
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Analytical and Reading Skills:Ability to read, understand and abide by company procedures. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and report on findings.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 8 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Most work is performed in an office-like setting. The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate.
Allergan is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
- 3 to 5 years Production supervisor experience required.
- A.A. Degree or minimum six years relevant experience, three being in the medical device field.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to translate and converse about technical and analytical issues to technical and non-technical contacts
- Strong technical PC skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Access, Excel, and Word
- SAP experience preferred
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Quick learner
- Ability to interact and supervise members in a team environment
- Ability to effectively work with personnel on all levels
- Well-developed multi-tasking skills in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to consistently changing priorities
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.