Audit Analytics Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Description – Internal Audit Data Analytics Manager
The Internal Audit Data Analytics Manager, within Internal Audit, provides valuable business and control related insights through the use of analytical tools and techniques, enabling more effective and efficient evaluation of risk management, control and governance processes. The manager along with their team collaboratively leverages business process; risk and control; and analytical experience to design and execute general and targeted analysis of data to support various audit projects and to support the business in understanding and controlling business outcomes.
The Internal Audit Data Analytics Manager will be responsible for assisting in the development of and execution of the data analytics strategy used within the audit methodology. The strategy will include ensuring appropriate involvement of data analytics in the planning and execution of the annual audit plan, management of other related data analytics activities (data pulls, verifications, etc), training the department on the use of data analytics within audits, ongoing training of the analytics staff, and continuous enhancements of the data analytics program within the audits.
- Consult/collaborate with Internal Audit Leadership on implementing and enhancing Data Analytics use within audits including determining and documenting the requirements, roles and responsibilities, training etc.
- Develop and maintain the Internal Audit Data Analytics Strategy
- Develop a robust training program that will allow the auditors to take advance of data analytics tools in a consistent manner
- Expand and enhance the analytics program to include analytics in audit planning.
- Consult/collaborate with Internal Audit leadership and business partners to define, structure, execute analytic projects supporting audit
- Synthesize understanding of processes and related data into specific, actionable requirements to enable effective execution of analytics projects
- Analyze trends and patterns in data and synthesize and communicate meaningful insights to the audit project team and business stakeholders
- Provide insight and guidance on the interpretation of reported exceptions/analytics outputs so that appropriate actions can be taken by Internal Audit and business partners.
- Ability to work with staff (internal and/or/external) and/or other internal teams to deliver analytics solutions within the team
- Manage the interrelationship between the various functions
Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree (e.g., Technology, Analytics/Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Business or related fields)
- 7+ years related experience
- Ability to work and communicate cross-functionally and with all levels in the department and business
- Significant previous audit and/or relevant business and data analytics experience.
- Experience developing and communicating a data analytics strategy
- Experience developing and communicating project specific requirements
- Experience with continuous auditing
- Experience working with large complex data sets, drawing conclusions and reporting findings.
- Experience with analytical software/tools to query and present data such as Excel, ACL, SAS, Microsoft SQL, Tableau, etc.
- Excellent partnership and influencing skills and the ability to be effective in a matrix environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to translate analytic findings into actionable communications. Able to clearly and succinctly communicate information and ideas through a variety of media in a manner that engages the audiences at various levels and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Individuals that have achieved professional credentials, or working toward professional certification preferred (e.g., CAP, CPA, CIA, CISA or other relevant certification)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.