Account Executive - Pacific Communications
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
For assigned products, develops marketing communications and plans, directs implementation of tactics which support marketing objectives and strategies. Ensures the highest standards of client service are provided.KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general supervision of the Account Supervisor and the Executive Director of Client Services, performs the following:
1. Develops comprehensive communications plans for assigned products which support approved marketing strategies.
a. Conducts input sessions with Clients, Agency, Public Relations and Professional Communications to discuss communications plans for new product opportunities, new product launches, and annual marketing plans.
b. Develops creative platforms for assigned brand(s). Provides strategic input for Creative Team of Copywriter and Art Director and participates in creative development sessions. Prepares creative platform prior to campaign development.
c. Presents recommended consumer and professional audience campaigns and tactics to Clients, with the assistance of key Agency Account Management and Creative staff, when appropriate.
d. Investigates and recommends innovative media and sales promotional opportunities. Works closely with Media Analyst in developing media schedules. Meets regularly with journal and video representatives to keep current on industry trends/information.
a. Communicates with the Account Supervisor on a regular and consistent basis as to the status of the account, meetings, issues, etc.
b. Communicates effectively with all Agency personnel to ensure assigned projects are correctly executed, on time and within budget.
c. Conducts strategy review meetings for Creative and Legal/Medical.
d. Is ultimately responsible to Clients and Agency management for on-time execution, Legal and Medical accuracy, and satisfactory appearance of assigned communications projects.
3. Supervises advertising expenditures on assigned products.
a. Supplies Clients with accurate, timely reports of budgeted versus actual expenditures.
b. Provides budget guidelines to Creative and Production Teams on assigned projects.
c. Recommends to Clients budget revisions which adjust to budgeted levels or increase or decrease advertising spends in the face of market or competitive activities.
Education and Experience
- Experience equivalent to a 4-year college education, with an emphasis in advertising, journalism and/or business administration preferred. Related work experience could serve as a modifier of preferred degree major.
- Knowledge of advertising agency disciplines including creative, production, personnel management, and project management with 3 to 6 years classic-full-service health care agency experience required. Experience in client-side marketing, marketing research or sales is desirable. Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills must be demonstrated.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of both marketing and advertising is required.
- Excellent management, supervisory, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong systems organizational abilities.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.