Associate Business Systems Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Looking for a role with a transformational experience in your career? Our organization is transforming our manufacturing execution system into a leading-edge tool for our Connected Plant Strategy. We are delivering solutions that increase productivity in our manufacturing operations. The plants are transformed from a paper-based batch record process into a highly integrated electronic product batch record. The associate business systems analyst enables this transformation by bringing solutions that help the automation of the product execution, improve the training resources, and maintains the lifecycle of the application in a DevOps model.
This role works closely with a diverse community of key global partners in our manufacturing plants located in more than six countries. The position will also interact with other Business Technology Solutions groups and stakeholders from the business. The associate business systems analyst will develop key knowledge in the manufacturing execution systems space. You will gain key expertise on integration technologies and processes that enable data flows between the ERP system, process control systems and other partner systems. You will be constantly learning about our manufacturing processes and the digital capabilities that support them. We look for someone that is passionate about delivering solutions in a fast-paced manufacturing operations environment that is constantly making excellent products for our patients.
- Drives the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the AbbVie manufacturing execution systems platform. Provides specialized technical or business knowledge to system projects. Manages application and data lifecycle. Maintains the application’s data and improves performance and usability. Identifies, implements, and maintains system modifications that improve productivity within the platform.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Local Policies and procedures. This includes validation, change control, CAPA and other cGXP policies and procedures.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals. Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review. Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work and develops metrics to measure systems health and performance. Applies and executes standard information systems theories, concepts and techniques. Conducts training.
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work. Applies and executes standard information systems theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Determines approach and solution to problem when issue is within scope of role. Develops solutions to problems where casual relationships can be identified, and precedents exist.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions. Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings. Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence and performance is judged by results obtained.
- Analyzes departmental processes and needs and makes recommendations for continuous improvement. Proactively presents solutions to simplify those procedures. Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations.
- Works effectively with internal IT team, external IT teams, business functions and external vendors and partners to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by capturing notes and offering suggestions. Provides leadership to project planning including the development of timelines.
- Monitors and organizes the efforts of technical and business support staff. Executes projects according to milestones and completes tasks assigned. Guides the efforts of less experienced staff. Exercise’s latitude in approach to problem and solution. Reviews his work for soundness of business judgment and to determine if overall results and objectives have been achieved.
- Brings together appropriate stakeholders both internal and external to develop and implement solutions while providing leadership during the resolution process.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarized with global scale manufacturing systems (ERP/LIMS/MES/PCS, OSI/PI, Track & Trace) development, integration and support.
- Familiarized with all phases of SDLC in a cGXP environment
- Familiarized with all phases of systems validation
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts including performance metrics development and management.
Total combined experience required: BS + 0
Global BTS Teams, Global Validation, Site BTS, Manufacturing, Validation, QA, Engineering and Software Vendor
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.