Market Access Director, Immunology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Market Access Director, Immunology
Responsible for development, implementation, and monitoring of market access marketing strategy for the Immunology portfolio, in collaboration with the Integrated Brand Team. Effectively orchestrate communication and alignment across US Market Access teams and remove barriers to progress through effective leadership skills and Ways of Working. Provide positive leadership and influence a thriving and motivating culture and environment within the broader Market Access organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide overarching leadership and direction for Commercial and Medicare Part D contracting vision, strategies, plans and resource investment for the Immunology portfolio (approx. $20Bn in net sales). Encompass an “One AbbVie” mindset and perspective in all strategies.
- Lead Value Based Engagement strategy and Value Based Contracting recommendations, inclusive of size and scope and align internal cross functional teams for successful implementation.
- Lead Immunology portfolio strategies for Employer, copay accumulator and maximizer and 340B, collaborating across the portfolio while driving teams to accomplish Immunology priorities.
- Set tone and priorities for scale and scope of accountability. Influence and persuade across multiple external and internal stakeholders and partners. Infuse AbbVie Ways of Working and Talent Philosophy in day-to-day leadership and management of the business.
- Determine appropriate action, execution, tracking and monitoring of projects by employing scenario planning, segmentation, positioning, innovation, creative development, and investment optimization as needed. Lead development of critical value propositions by encouraging the clear articulation the business strategy and economic choices for each stakeholder and teaching the skill of translating the brand story to key Market Access stakeholders.
- Ensure a keen awareness of Market trends, signals of change and the voice of the customer. Maintain focus on and consistently triangulate market dynamics, constituents’ needs, and business priorities to determine best, market-advantaged course of action.
- Deliver strategic impact through formulation and adjustment of business plans and actions to achieve business objectives and goals, including financial, constituents and market results. Grow and gain share and penetration. Take and recommend appropriate strategic decisions and actions for the best interest of AbbVie, franchise and brand at the varying life cycle stages.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- Market access and finance experience required.
- Proven marketing experience required.
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude required.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities required.
- Immunology experience preferred but not required.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.