Maintenance Technician I
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The primary function is assisting in the maintenance, repair, calibration and improvement of on-site equipment, utilities, facilities and instruments in support of production operations, manufacturing, utility, and R&D (labs, warehouses, office facilities). This team member will perform mechanical or electrical support within the maintenance department (metrology support may be required depending on the location). At this level, the employee assists a seasoned professional in this work and then—after he or she has been deemed adequately prepared—may complete basic work.:
- Adhere to Abbvie’s code of conduct and safety policies. Learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks. Completes training on time.
- Maintains the function of department assets to ensure production goals and quality standards are met.
- Maintains quality standards when populating or executing relevant documentation (i.e., WO's,
- JP's, SOPs, etc.). Ensures that documentation is maintained (e.g., attachments doc forwarded appropriately), identifies inconsistencies and/or errors in relevant documentation and punctually fixes errors with supervisor. Prepares necessary documentation for correction of errors. Accurately documents all maintenance activity in CMMS.
- Assists troubleshooting, preventive and demand maintenance work on a variety of equipment and systems
- including centrifuges, compressors, gear boxes, autoclaves, washers, blowers, mixers, reactors, pumps, heat exchangers, piping systems, etc. along with other equipment related to production operations or facility operations. Work can be electrical or mechanical in nature.
- Assists in preventive maintenance work on plant equipment including but not limited to; machine lubrication, inspection, repair, and light fabrication, air handlers, and utility system components.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment. Has the ability to recognize when accepted practices are deviated from. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Works under close supervision.
- HS diploma with 0+ yrs experience OR Relevant Certificate.
- Knowledge and ability to use basic power tools (such as electric drills, drill press, saw, grinders, pneumatic and hydraulic tools) and ability to apply proper hand tools in an industrial setting.
- Ability to accurately use measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, scales).
- Previous experience working in an industrial environment a plus.
- Completion or current enrollment in a formal technical school program related to Industrial Maintenance is a plus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.