Business HR Manager, Operations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Manager, Business HR is responsible for leveraging best-in-class HR practices to continually construct, deliver, and support programs that establish AbbVie as an employer of choice while empowering all employees at all levels of the organization. Serve as a strategic partner to the business, developing HR strategies, needs assessments, and resulting HR solutions. This role will partner with leaders in the Operations Science & Technology function for a globally dispersed talent footprint of 300 plus scientists and engineers.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of all HR programs and services.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with key HR partners from all practice areas and service centers to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs, inclusive of talent acquisition, total rewards implementation, employee relations, talent review planning and EED&I solutions.
- Act as ambassador of the HR organization to represent the services and resources available to the business and help manage the collective reputation of the HR organization.
- Assist or lead proposals and recommendations to resolve strategically important issues affecting the function inclusive of talent attraction, development, and retention.
- Pro-actively partner with leaders to develop and implement human capital strategies in alignment with annual planning processes.
- Understand and utilize historical and broad organizational data when weighing business HR decisions and actions. Leverage workforce insights, employee survey data to partner with leaders and employees at all levels to evolve culture and employee engagement.
- Advise, coach and guide leaders to enable overall effectiveness in Human Capital and related business decisions
- Ensure action plans are implemented to increase realistic talent successors for key leadership and technical roles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial and Labor Relations or related preferred
- At least 8 years of related work experience with a minimum of 5 years in an HR business partner, talent management or employee relations preferred.
- Experience in conducting job evaluations, job and decision rights analysis and analyzing employee data to develop workforce strategy.
- Experience working is a global setting with a dispersed employee population preferred
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.