Director, Global Brands and Commercial Lead
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
International OEC -- Director Global Brands and Commercial Lead
Provides direct leadership and oversight for AbbVie's Ethics & Compliance program in support of the Global Commercial organizations headquartered in the US, which include Global Marketing and Commercial Operations (GMCO), Global Market Access and Pricing (GMAP), Global Commercial Development (GCD) and the corresponding Global Brand Teams (GBTs). The individual will possess a deep working knowledge of AbbVie’s business, the current compliance environment, and the broader business impact of compliance issues to develop and provide solution-oriented compliance guidance. Responsible for directing the development and administration of OEC education and training, supporting functional monitoring activities, and identifying compliance risk areas and communicates such risk areas to functional management along with action plans to address risk. This is a leadership role in which the Director performs core responsibilities with minimal supervision from the International Ethics and Compliance Officer (ECO).
Serve as the primary strategic partner to the business at all levels as the OEC lead with primary responsibility to provide functional policy interpretation and guidance on associated requirements. S/he will:
- Lead support for functional compliance with applicable Corporate and Functional policies and procedures, with an emphasis on anti-bribery and anti-corruption.
- Serve on the International OEC leadership team, helping to set compliance policy, strategy, and direction to be applied internationally.
- The Global Director has direct supervisory responsibility for his or her team, comprising of Associate Directors and Managers. A key component of the role is to coach, develop, supervise and co-ordinate the activities of team members, ensuring they have appropriate support in terms of technical knowledge, competencies and resources to enable proactive, pragmatic compliance advice for their business colleagues.
- Maintain a best-in-class compliance organization to support AbbVie’s Global Commercial organizations headquartered in the US, including hiring talented compliance professionals for open positions, and lead that organization to ensure it is performing at the highest level.
- Lead efforts to continually assess the existing compliance program, identify and implement means to improve it, ensuring that all elements of an effective compliance program are being met in the most efficient and effective manner; direct and conduct periodic reviews and updates related to policies and procedures, ensuring clarity, applicability and compliance to OEC policy and external requirements.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to all levels of the Global Commercial organization management on complex ethics and compliance issues, including policy interpretation and requirements, compliance risk assessment, trend analysis and best practice recommendations. Resolve complex ethics and compliance matters that have significant impact to AbbVie, analyze alternatives and work with legal and other functions, as appropriate, to propose solutions to the business.
- Lead all Compliance Committees at the functional level and provides input on violation process, external environment, internal trends and corrective actions.
- Lead a team of direct reports as well as cross-functional teams on complex projects or issues.
- BA/BS required. CPA, Masters, JD, or equivalent work experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with, or exposure to, compliance and business functions or closely related roles such as legal, regulatory affairs, government affairs, and finance.
- Strong leadership, analytical, communication, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of U.S. and ex-U.S. compliance laws and regulations, and experience in health care industry, strongly preferred
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.