AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Operations Analyst is part of a dynamic function that manages operational strategy and tactics for the Data & Statistical Sciences organization and is a valued, key partner for the Operations team. The Operations Analyst ensures that the organization runs seamlessly by actively engaging with other members of the Operations team, DSS functional groups and cross-functional business partners such as purchasing, finance, IT, and facilities. The position provides financial and operations support, system and database management, data analysis and budget reconciliation for DSS. The position also provides logistical support of departmental projects and initiatives. The Operations Analyst is expected to demonstrate leadership by proactively identifying, managing, and implementing ideas for improvement.
- Interface with Finance to execute monthly external LBE and accruals.
- Assists Operations associates in execution of the contracting process, including initiation of contracts, tracking through approval and monitoring spend.
- Organize and manage DSS operational data related to invoices, vendor contract, etc.
- Develop and publish metric reports to organizational leadership
- Develops and streamlines process solutions to optimize organization performance.
- Serves as system administrator for Sharepoint and Smartsheet including management of access and security.
- Provide training to new employees on operational systems such as COMPASS.
- Resolve budget deviations in a timely manner
- Interact with various levels of management and functions within the organization, including but not limited to Clinical Program Development, Vendor Strategy and Relationship, Purchasing, Clinical Payments
- Provide adhoc analysis as requested
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in financial tracking, management and vendor management system.
- Experience with contract management.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, technical writing, data analysis and critical thinking.
- Advanced knowledge with Excel, other database software, Sharepoint & SAP
- Strong organizational, systems, analytical, problem solving, planning and decisionmaking skills
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.