Manager, Cell Culture and Protein Expression
The successful applicant will work as part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists discovering and developing the next generation protein and antibody therapeutics. The position will use traditional and cutting-edge protein production systems to provide candidate therapeutic proteins for preclinical studies. This individual may also participate in protein purification, analytics, pre-formulation experiments, and program strategy development.
- Manage Mosaic's mammalian cell culture facility
- Lead cell line development and protein expression projects
- Develop and implement innovative protein expression platform systems
- Mentor junior staff.
- A B.S. or M.S with 5 - 7 years or a Ph.D. with at least 2 years of post-graduate experience is required
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and transient transfection is absolutely required
- Experience producing antibodies and Fc- or albumin-fusion proteins is required
- Experience with the production of stable cell production lines is highly desirable
- Familiarity with cell culture process development and the tech transfer of protein expression processes is preferred
- Experience with other aspects of biopharmaceutical production, including protein purification, analytics, and formulation development is highly desirable
- The successful applicant will be a highly motivated, creative individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills