Manager – Information Technology
Are you ready to join a rapidly growing, innovative, clinical-stage, precision oncology powerhouse? Rain Therapeutics is committed to building a passionate team of core scientific, clinical, regulatory, and business leaders to bring new therapies for cancer patients struggling with limited treatment options. Our focus has been and will continue to be new oncology therapeutics based on targeting the biological drivers of the cancer, regardless of tumor type. We envision our company culture driven by spirited individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset who want to solve problems and are passionate about helping cancer patients.
We are seeking a Manager of Information Technology (IT) to manage Rain’s IT infrastructure supporting all aspects of operations. This includes everything from deployment and support of employee laptops to common software systems and network infrastructure as well as laboratory instrumentation, if applicable. This is a very hands-on role. Excellent communication skills and a track record owning corporate IT systems of increasing complexity are required. The ability to understand and respond to the needs of a wide variety of users is paramount. The role will report to the SVP of Finance and Administration.
Critical Job Skills:
- Manage the deployment of Mac and PC employee laptops across the organization
- Own the configuration and maintenance of IT-related, including R&D systems
- Own the deployment and configuration of email, standard office tools, document storage, collaboration software, and related systems
- Own the deployment of company telephone and security systems
- Own the buildout and configuration of local network infrastructure, including firewalls, switches, WiFi, Active Directory, DNS, and related systems
- Own the integration and maintenance of networked laboratory instrumentation, when applicable, to ensure comprehensive security and connectivity
- Support the integration of custom software and computer resources deployed in cloud-based servers and with local servers and laboratory systems
- Support Rain’s R&D, Quality, Finance, Informatics, and other teams in meeting compliance requirements under SOX, GxP and other frameworks
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of technology vendors in alignment with IT standards.
- Develop and manage software lifecycle management strategies and roadmaps that align with defined business strategies and support achievement of organizational IT goals.
- Support risk and impact analysis assessments of new systems to business processes/operations, and changes to existing systems according to Rain policies & procedures, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Establish strong working relationships with IT systems user communities, other business functions to ensure the appropriate adoption, efficient and effective usage and adequate controls.
- Ability to quickly learn, adapt, and master new IT systems that support the G&A business operations.
- Manage external audits of IT security and best practices
- Manage employee onboarding and recurring employee training to ensure that proper use of IT resources is understood and adhered to
- Champion the continual improvement of IT infrastructure across the organization
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related fields
- A minimum of six years of experience in a complex corporate IT environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external teams related to IT needs and support
- Current certification in domain areas that may include AWS, network security, GSuite deployment, Windows server administration, and similar
- Experience in biopharmaceuticals or medical devices is highly desirable
Rain Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Rain are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.