Research Associate, Molecular Biology
Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company developing a novel class of T cell engagers that harness the power of the body’s immune system to treat patients suffering from cancer and other diseases. T cell engagers are engineered proteins that direct a patient’s own T cells to kill target cells that express specific proteins, or antigens, carried by the target cells. Using its proprietary Tri-specific T cell Activating Construct (TriTAC®) platform, Harpoon is developing a pipeline of novel TriTACs initially focused on the treatment of solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. HPN424 targets PSMA and is in a Phase 1/2a trial for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. HPN536 targets mesothelin and is in a Phase 1/2a trial for cancers expressing mesothelin, initially focused on ovarian and pancreatic cancers. HPN217 targets BCMA and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for relapsed, refractory multiple myeloma. HPN328 targets DLL3 and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for small cell lung cancer and other DLL3-associated tumors. Harpoon has also developed a proprietary ProTriTAC™ platform, which applies a prodrug concept to its TriTAC platform to create a therapeutic T cell engager that remains inactive until it reaches the tumor. For additional information about Harpoon Therapeutics, please visit www.harpoontx.com.
The Research Biology group at Harpoon Therapeutics is seeking a motivated, collaborative Research Associate to join our group. The successful candidate will work with the team to provide molecular biology support for our TriTAC and ProTriTAC platforms, as well as supporting new platform development.
- Generate plasmid constructs to support Harpoon Research
- Input new plasmids into database
- Perform transfections, ELISA assays, and flow cytometry as needed
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology or related field and 0-3 years industry experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to perform routine molecular biology techniques, including PCR, bacterial transformation, preparation of plasmid DNA, quantitation of plasmid DNA, etc
- Hands-on experience with modern cloning techniques, including Gibson Assembly and Golden Gate Assembly
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication