Scientist, Drug Discovery and Platform Development in an emerging biotech company
Boost Neuroscience is an emerging biotech company focused on the discovery and development of therapies for age-related cognitive deficits and neurodegenerative disorders. We fuse the emerging science of aging and cutting-edge experimental technologies to develop and interrogate human relevant models of synaptic function and cognition. Our mission is to translate exciting neuroscience into meaningful therapies that improve the lives of our friends, families, and world neighbors.
Boost Neuroscience is seeking brilliant and ambitious researchers who are ready to put their best ideas forward and commit to driving the Boost team success. We value great hands, deep knowledge, courage of conviction, and open and creative minds.
For our Biological Discovery program, we are currently seeking a highly motivated Scientist 1 to identify, validate, and develop novel drug targets and therapies for cognitive and neurodegenerative diseases. The successful candidate will have a track record of deep technical knowledge in molecular biology, protein biochemistry, neuroscience, functional cell based assays, and a demonstrated ability to execute in a goal and team focused environment. The successful candidate will be creative and adept with modern molecular biology tools including the design and execution of novel vectors, proteins, and novel assays to explore synaptic development and function. The best candidates will be excited about drug hunting, motivated to bringing new therapies to patients, and have a desire to work in a fast paced team environment.
What is required:
- A PhD degree with 3+ years of biotech/pharm industry experience
- Track record of highly productive cutting edge, multi-disciplinary research
- Demonstrated hands on experience executing and implementing experiments utilizing state of the art molecular biology, cell biology, and biochemical techniques
- Fluent in protein design, production, purification techniques
- Demonstrated ability to execute novel in vitro, cell based pharmacology assays, including imaging and electrophysiological assays relevant to assess neuronal and synaptic function
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and dedicate themselves to hard, challenging neuroscience drug discovery
- A passion for data analysis, data interpretation, and innovative decision making to advance projects in the therapeutic domain
- Strong communication and people leadership skills
- Team spirit: a collaborative, transparent and communicative mind set
- Organizational skills and flexibility in an exciting biotech start-up environment
- Excitement about developing therapeutics for patients in need
Additional experiences that are of high interest:
- Biologic, small molecule, and novel modality drug development experience
- Experience with state of art calcium imaging techniques, including Opera, FLIPR, Hamamatsu uCell systems
- High throughput automation assays, robotics engineering experience
- Expertise in genomics, proteomics, and genome editing technologies
- Protein biochemistry and biologic engineering
What you will do:
- Contribute to building an exciting and successful start-up company
- Work directly with an experienced executive team with input from a world class scientific advisory board
- Contribute to and manage the build out of Boost’s core platform technology
- Play a central role in the discovery and development of therapeutic candidates
What we offer:
- Exciting research in a motivating and fun work environment
- Title and competitive salary commensurate with experience plus benefits
- Rapid career growth opportunities for high achievers
- Chance to expand experience, skills and expertise
Boost Neuroscience is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Boost Neuroscience makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.