Research Associate, Translational Sciences
Alkahest is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting neurodegenerative and age-related diseases with transformative therapies derived from a deep understanding of the plasma proteome in aging and disease.
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven Research Associate who will be key in advancing our therapeutic candidates from preclinical research to clinical stage. Alkahest’s therapeutic focus is on indications impacted by aging, including cognition and disorders of the nervous system. The Research Associate will be responsible for executing and designing in vivo and ex vivo experiments utilizing behavioral, histological, and biochemical techniques. Studies performed will involve cutting-edge science and require innovative concepts and strategies.
As a member of Alkahest’s Translational Science team, the Research Associate will directly assist in advancing our late-stage discovery/early-stage clinical therapeutic candidates, which will involve validating and implementing methodologies in the lab to support biomarker discovery, indication selection, and clinical trial design. This role requires dedication, flexibility, excellent communication, organization, and will interact with a cross-functional team spanning Clinical and Research to drive multiple projects in parallel. Depending on the level of experience, the candidate would be encouraged to lead their projects by designing, executing, analyzing and presenting data both internally and at conferences. This position reports to an Associate Scientist, Translational Sciences.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, annual bonus potential, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial, and fun.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, executing, and analyzing rodent in vivo experiments
- Administering test agents to mice via multiple routes (IV, PO, IP, SC)
- Performing histology, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, and image analysis
- Molecular and biochemical analysis of tissues (i.e. RT-qPCR, Western blot, ELISA)
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature
- Investigating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Contributing to writing scientific reports
- BS/MS degree from an accredited college/university in a field related to biomedical research, physiology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or neuroscience.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively advancing industry and/or academic lab experience
- Experience with mouse handling and dosing is necessary
- Experience with immunohistochemistry and microscopy is necessary
- Experience with confocal microscopy and image analysis is an advantage
- Experience with other biochemical and/or molecular techniques is an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively and excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Apply today! We'd love to meet you.