Principal Scientist / Associate Director
We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated PhD-level scientist to join our Biology team focusing on the identification, validation, and advancement of novel cancer therapeutic candidates. The candidate will lead a new team focused on providing expertise in immunohistochemical techniques to support existing and emerging therapeutics.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Develop expertise at Zai Lab in various techniques focused on examining biomarker expression in tissue. Since this is a new functional team, it will involve establishing an operating budget, purchasing required equipment, and identifying potential CRO's to support our work. Hands-on work may include immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, and in situ hybridization on human and rodent tissue to determine target and biomarker expression. Support ex vivo analysis to examine drug pharmacodynamics and inform biomarker discovery. Develop new assays to support validation and advancement of projects in the discovery and preclinical development stages. Analyze and present data as well as rationale and design of in vitro studies to the department and project teams. Manage and direct the activities of a group of research associates. Work collaboratively on multiple projects concurrently and coordinate activities across functions.
1) PhD equivalent with expertise in analyzing protein/mRNA expression in tissue.
2) At least 5-8 years of relevant post-PhD or 10+ years post-MS experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
3) Expert in tissue-based biomarker development and analysis, including immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, and in situ hybridization.
4) Proven track record of innovation, scientific excellence, and integrity.
5) Excellent management and training skills.
6) Capable of working independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, demonstrating multitasking capabilities.
7) Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
8) Excellent troubleshooting and data analysis skills are required.
9) Great communication skills and team spirit is a must ability to communicate results within pharmacology team and at project team meetings required.
10) Previous industry experience is preferred.