Director of Precision Based Medicine
Working in close collaboration with the Chief Scientific Officer and collaborating across multiple functional areas, the Director of Precision Medicine will drive precision therapeutics strategy across the organization. This critical leader will work closely with the target discovery, nonclinical development, biomarker and CDx, and data science teams to distill large multimodal datasets into actionable insights and apply these insights to biomarker and therapeutic development. This cross-functional role is best suited to a dynamic and strategic leader with experience applying structure to complex research endeavors, working across functional units in a fast-paced small company environment, and interrogating biological pathways through immunological and computational methods. This is a unique opportunity to join a top-tier organization pioneering precision medicine approaches in a large market with a dire unmet need, with setting the scientific foundations to build a leading global immune therapies company.
- Coordinate research and development efforts between the discovery, data science, biomarker, and nonclinical development groups with a focus on precision therapeutics strategy
- Work with internal teams and collaborators on target identification and prioritization for new programs
- Advise on analytical assays for the development of our therapeutic programs
- Provide immunology expertise during diligence and play a key role in licensing decisions
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD, MS, or other relevant post-graduate degree in Immunology or related field with at least 10 years of experience in academia and/or industry, preferably in the field of auto-immune diseases.
- Familiar with the integration of bioinformatics and high throughput approaches into target discovery and validation workflows; familiar with current data science methods and lexicon.
- Prior experience with biomarkers and precision drug development is desirable.
- Self-motivated with excellent planning, problem-solving, organizational and communication skills. Enjoys training other with an excellent track record of supervising more junior team members.
- Strong communicator and presenter, with the ability to persuade others and foster open communication across internal and external groups
- Solid project management skills with ability to manage multiple complex projects in a cross-functional environment with good understanding of project management process.
- Strong ability to influence outcomes without direct authority and ability to hold oneself and others
- accountable for commitments.
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations to working teams and senior management
- A hands-on, entrepreneurial style with a sense of urgency, a bias toward action, comfort with calculated risk, and the ability to analyze situations rapidly and make prudent decisions
- The ability to crystallize and convey an audacious, holistic vision and impact story to stakeholders at all levels with passion and presence
- The requisite scientific acumen and communication skills to influence and collaborate with key scientific, regulatory, and business leaders
- Sound strategic, clinical, technical, operational, and ethical judgment with uncompromising integrity
- All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected class.