Director, Corporate Branding and Creative
We're seeking a Director of Corporate Branding and Creative to join us in our mission to transform the way therapeutics and materials are discovered.
Schrödinger has pioneered a physics-based software platform that enables discovery of high-quality, novel molecules for drug development and materials applications more rapidly and at lower cost compared to traditional methods. The software platform is used by biopharmaceutical and industrial companies, academic institutions, and government laboratories around the world. Schrödinger's multidisciplinary drug discovery team also leverages the software platform to advance collaborative programs and its own pipeline of novel therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
Who will love this job:
- A graphic designer who wants to be a business partner across all functions
- A savvy storyteller who can communicate complex scientific concepts in a coherent and compelling way
- A tenacious leader with a passion for visualizing science, technology and life science
- An ethical team member with unquestionable integrity and discretion
- A self-directed, self-motivated team player who can work under pressure with a positive attitude
What you'll do:
- Creatively lead and execute visualizations of highly technical, scientific concepts to support the company's corporate narrative
- Conceptualize, design, and produce creative content for a broad range of audiences across diverse channels and media, including presentations, fact sheets, websites, brochures, recruiting materials, ESG/CSR reports, social media, and blogs
- Support creative needs of executive and communications teams
- Work with scientists to support data presentations and publications
- Develop creative briefs and supervise photoshoots
- Leading brand development and identity initiatives to strengthen and differentiate the Schrödinger brand
- Act as a brand trainer and develop brand ambassadors
- Partner with the Marketing to ensure alignment of messaging, branding, and collateral, including oversight of company website and assistance with video production as needed
What you should have:
- At least ten years of graphic design experience within a life sciences, pharma, or scientific communications company
- At least a Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field, as well as a Bachelor's in a scientific discipline
- High proficiency with applicable computer applications, including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, etc.)
- Exceptional presentation abilities
- Deep background in digital design across media
- Superb visual/conceptual skills
- Knowledge of media requirements and terminology
- Excellent organizational acumen
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it's people that make a company great. Because of this, we're prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.