Sr. Maintenance Technician
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is a skilled position responsible for both predictive and preventive maintenance of all equipment/systems. The individual must have a diversified background in GMP process equipment/systems, as well as industrial equipment repair and maintenance. All work must adhere to current GMP and safety practices.
• Provide technical/mechanical support on all process equipment/systems for the filling/capping/labeling operations and supporting utilities.
• Performs work in one or more maintenance trades including carpentry, electrical, plumbing and painting.
• Performs routine equipment repair and installation of office fixtures.
• Responsible for mechanical service calls and in house repairs throughout facility and grounds.
• Diagnose, repair and service equipment/systems which includes but not limited to RODI, WFI, boilers, chillers, Biowaste System, Clean Steam System, HVAC, BMS, Compressed Gases. Also, includes pump seals / rebuilds, plumbing/piping work, etc.
• Execute and review preventive and corrective work orders as scheduled and ensure timely closure of work orders.
• Requires supervision of outside contractors performing facility and equipment related services.
• Respond to building alarms and/or equipment/system alarms during normal business hours and/or off hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
Minimum of High School degree and/or with 2-4 years of experience in the field of pharmaceutical/biotechnology (or equivalent). Sufficient experience in the facility/equipment/system maintenance in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry. This position requires a mechanic with multiple craft experience in the maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment as to it pertains to biological processes and systems. Must have considerable experience in the troubleshooting of complex and specialized equipment consisting of process specific, utility, refrigeration and environmental control systems.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.