We are currently searching for a Scientific Editor to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Compile information for and work with staff on the writing and editing of key messages on scientific publications, press releases, research news highlights, NIH fact sheets, and articles.
- Edit content for websites, print materials, blogs, social media and internal announcements.
- Develop written products that articulate, interpret, and explain highly complex and important programs and research findings.
- Data gathering.
- Outline and update communications plans, timelines and delivery.
- Coordinate project deliverables.
- Review, edit and manage materials for review.
- Other duties as required.
- B.S. or B.A. in related field and (3) years of relevant editing experience.
- Track record of success editing/writing for the web and social media, including content management, search engine optimization and other best practices.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Highly skilled in proofreading and editing.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.