We are currently searching for a Procurement Technician to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems related to computer procurements and property inventory.
- Maintain documentation involving computer purchases, including correspondence with the service manager, property custodian, and others in order to facilitate the information exchanges.
- Professionally prepare correspondence and other written materials, including forms relating to procurement and property activities.
- Maintain records of physical equipment inventory and initiate the processes for replenishing the inventories.
- Assist with obtaining quotes for IT purchases, and initiate requests for office and IT-related supplies for government approval.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for RML staff requesting assistance with conference room usage, computer presentations, video teleconferences, phone teleconferences, and other meetings which may involve IT support.
- Monitor video teleconferences and or assist with camera presentation selections.
- Accurately maintain and optimize electronic and hard copy filing systems related to computer procurements and property inventory.
- Maintain records involving computer purchases, including correspondence with the service manager, property custodian, accountable users, and others to facilitate the information exchanges.
- Provide general office support including filing, typing, copying, and faxing documents.
- Assist with obtaining quotes for IT purchases, initiate and track orders for office and IT-related supplies for government approval.
- Professionally and courteously provide excellent customer support, including answering telephone calls and providing general customer service to internal and external inquiries.
- Monitor and track the loaner pools of government laptops and cell phones.
- Associate’s degree in a related field; a minimum two (2) years of specialized experience plus a High School diploma is equivalent to an Associate’s degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
- Excellent, professional customer service
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent, proven skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Strong inventory management, including monitoring and tracking supplies and hardware.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Supply and equipment requisitions/acquisitions, and inventory reconciliation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including spreadsheet and database management, Computer-based collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Computer-based document management and approval routing, such as LiveLink/EDRMS.
- Experience with Electronic ticketing systems, such as ServiceNow.
- Experience with Digital Purchase Order System.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.