We are currently searching for a Laboratory Assistant to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform chronic GVHD data analysis from existing research databases; design GVHD projects; interpret results; organize provision of GVHD follow up data surveys.
- Conduct data storage and record keeping.
- Serve as the point person for dissemination of information pertaining to the assigned projects to coworkers, physicians, patient care and research team and other healthcare professionals.
- Organize streamlining of serum, urine, saliva, tissues, and other human products data collection and associated records forms and labels necessary for data integrity.
- Perform trouble shooting, document actions required to resolve problem and initiate corrective action as needed.
- Perform required quality control (QC) steps.
- Perform data retrieval and entry using multiple IT systems.
- Interpret experimental techniques and procedures; prepare reports on data results.
- Prepare written evaluation of results including detected deficiencies/defects, and reports on research protocols, processing, analysis, and storage.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of SOP manuals to stay current with procedural guidelines.
- Attend facility staff meetings/reviews lab practices or review minutes of the meeting if unable to attend.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology or related discipline.
- At least one (1) year of related laboratory experience and a general knowledge of laboratory techniques and practices.
- Analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical pathology of GVHD, hematologic malignancies, transplantation, and methods of clinical research.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and computer programs.
- Ability to work independently on given assignments.
- Ability to prepare, analyze and evaluate findings, and willing to learn new techniques and write reports.
- Knowledge working in acquisition, storage, analysis and interpretation of clinical research and laboratory data.
- Experience with manuscript writing.
- Knowledge of Data Presentation and Data Analysis.
- Software skills: MS Office Suite especially PowerPoint, CRIS.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.