Associate Scientist- Gene Therapy
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Highly motivated Research Associate/Associate Scientist to join our growing team of Gene Therapy researchers. Primary responsibility will be the design, execution, and interpretation of in vitro experiments to advance our Gene Therapy pipeline. This position is exclusively lab based. The candidate will provide technical leadership for assay design and coordination lab activities/experiments.
- Performs a battery of in vitro assays in primary human hematopoietic stem cells and cell lines including (but not limited to): RNA/DNA extraction, qPCR, flow cytometry, cell viability
- Transducing cells with lentiviral vectors (LVs) in a BSL2 lab
- Producing, concentrating, and purifying LVs
- Independently plans and executes experiments for a research work group or project, troubleshoots complex problems, and change experimental design if necessary.
- Understands why one series of experiments is more appropriate than others
- Maintains a proactive and vocal approach to improving lab efficiency
- Prepares detailed protocols that enable transfer of assays to project team members and collaborators
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook
- Comply with lab regulations and help maintain a safe work environment
- Promote a positive culture and collaborative spirit
- Technical knowledge and hands-on experience with molecular assays for DNA/RNA quantification and characterization is preferred (e.g. ddPCR, qPCR, qRT-PCR)
- Experience with transfecting mammalian cells with plasmids
- Experience with purification of AAVs or LVs using FPLC or TFF is preferred.
- Collaborative nature and flexibility to pitch in and help team members to deliver on commitments
- BS or BA in a scientific discipline with a minimum 3+ yrs of industry experience or MS in a relevant discipline with a minimum 1+ yrs of industry experience.