Process Development Associate
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will contribute towards Amgens Drug Substance Process Development for late stage clinical and commercial biologics programs, including the development, characterization, and scale-up of upstream and downstream manufacturing processes supporting Ph II/III clinical trials to marketing application. This role is within an integrated organization in which cell culture and purification scientists work together to advance Amgen's rich and dynamic pipeline. With Amgen's biology first approach, the position provides an outstanding opportunity to work on multiple modalities, from antibodies to oncolytic viruses to bi-specifics.
The Process Development Associate will help craft and perform experiments at the bench scale that span the end-to-end Drug Substance process, from cell culture to purification operations. In this role, you will apply established platform approaches and utilize problem-solving skills to rapidly tackle day-to-day experimental challenges. Additionally, the Process Development Associate will utilize out-of-the-box thinking to contribute to technology development and will demonstrate the desire to expand and develop expertise in both cell culture and purification, thereby further contributing to the coordinated group. The Process Development Associate will join a diverse team with varied levels of experience and report to a Process Development Senior Scientist.Responsibilities:
- Contribute within a project team on goals such as improving process yield and robustness, and scaling-up processes to manufacturing sites
- Perform small-scale bioprocess experiments that encompass both upstream (cell culture) and downstream (purification) operations
- Cell culture responsibilities may include maintaining cultures in shake flasks, culture bags, and benchtop bioreactors
- Purification experiments include, but are not limited to, protein chromatography, filtration, and UF/DF operations
- Automation programming for benchtop bioreactors, chromatography systems, and robotic liquid handling systems
- Experimental design and data interpretation, leveraging in-house visualization and analytics tools
- Communication of findings through oral presentations and written documentation (technical reports as well as GMP documents to support regulatory filings)
- Provide scientific technical support for technology transfer of processes to manufacturing sites
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The scientific professional we seek is a collaborative individual with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Associate's degree and 4 years of Scientific experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Biomedical, or related Engineering; Life Sciences; or other relevant sciences
- Experience and demonstrated interest in laboratory work, particularly hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and/or purification operations
- Basic understanding of cell culture, protein chromatography, and filtration principles
- Demonstrated ability to identify and tackle problems by applying scientific and engineering principles, preferably in a process development environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work flexibly in a dynamic and collaborative environment with diverse team members
- Familiarity with design of experiments and statistical analysis of data
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
#OPERATION21Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.