Principal Pathologist - Translational Safety & Bioanalytical Sciences (Open to remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Principal Pathologist - Translational Safety and Bioanalytical SciencesLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen is seeking a comparative/translational veterinary anatomic pathologist at the Principal Pathologist level to work in the Department of Translational Safety and Bioanalytical Sciences (TS&BA), preferably based out of our Thousand Oaks, South San Francisco, or Cambridge Pathology groups. In this vital role you will contribute to a wide range of activities across the portfolio, modalities and therapeutic indications. Amgen pathologists contribute to the drug development process from target identification and validation through product registration and beyond. In this capacity, the successful candidate will contribute to both investigative and regulatory studies, interpret and integrate complex pathology data sets, problem solve safety issues, and provide context of human risk. Other opportunities exist including support of discovery research, animal models of disease, mechanistic investigative studies, serving on interdisciplinary drug development product teams, participating in regulatory interactions, and providing expertise on due diligence reviews.Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide critical input on the design, implementation, and interpretation of investigate toxicology and pathology studies
- Collaborate in the nonclinical safety team to implement toxicology strategy for lead optimization and candidate selection
- Work in multi-disciplinary cross-site teams
- Develop in-depth understanding and strategy of target biology and liabilities
- Manage and analyze a wide range of datasets and literature
- Act as a key subject matter expert and author in activities related to Investigational New Drug (IND) applications and market authorizations
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Principal Pathologist with these qualifications:Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 3 years of scientific experienceOr
Masters degree and 6 years of scientific experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 8 years of scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- DVM or equivalent and Doctorate degree and 2+ years of scientific experience
- ACVP (or equivalent) board certification in anatomic pathology
- PhD and/or post-doctoral research in a relevant discipline (e.g. life sciences, translational biology, molecular biology)
- 2 years + of academic or industry experience demonstrating a record of achievement
- Ability to critically evaluate and interpret results of experiments and integrate datasets and literature
- Ability to work independently, build productive cross-functional collaborations, manage conflict, and multi-task
- Demonstrated teamwork skills, resilience, and leadership skills
- Interest in digital pathology applications
- Working knowledge of database tools and tools needed to effectively query literature and public databases
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.