Supply Chain Manager - Supply Chain Excellence
The Supply Chain Manager Supply Chain Excellence reports directly to the Director of Supply Chain Excellence and will be a part of the Supply Chain Excellence - Plan/Source Organization.
This role will lead the implementation of transformational change through integration of key enablers into the business. Areas of focus for near-term horizon results are supply chain process mapping, autonomous planning, leveraging emerging technology to enable business transformation. Supply chain experience and the ability to help us see the future of Supply Chain are highly desirable skills.
- Help us see the future. Champion new technology to streamline the current planning process.
- Think big. Research industry wide technology and processes to elevate supply planning
- Partner with business and technical experts to define processes and procedures around the elements of Supply Chain Planning, Demand forecasting, Transition management and manufacturing campaign planning
- Act as a change leader for transformation by educating, coaching, and influencing teams from across businesses to deploy the principles of Connected and Autonomous planning
- Orchestrate process discipline around transformation enablers and ensure value realization meets expectations
- Lead project teams in the design and implementation of business capabilities with a focus on creating and leveraging synergy across businesses
- Champion use of analytics and Operational Excellence principles to support process improvement
- Facilitate the Global Strategic Planning Review Forum to enable prioritization by leadership team of future desired transformational capabilities
Masters degree and 2 years of Business, Operations, or Supply Chain Management related experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Business, Operations, or Supply Chain Management related experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Business, Operations, or Supply Chain Management related experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Business, Operations, or Supply Chain Management related experience
- Masters degree or equivalent in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management
- Deep understanding of end-to-end supply chain business processes (Integrated Business Planning, S&OP, Supply Planning, and Risk Management)
- Strong understanding of Artificial Intelligence tools (Machine Learning, Digital twins, prescriptive analytics, etc.)
- Experience with information systems supporting Plan-to-Ship and/or Lifecycle management business processes (including Anaplan, SAP, Kinaxis RapidResponse, PLM, and other Data platforms)
- Strong Finance acumen with experience conducting financial impact assessment and modeling (COGM, COS, etc)
- Ability to analyze abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables
- Demonstrated success in Operational Excellence and major change management initiatives
- Awareness of biopharmaceutical commercial and supply chain trends and developments
- Strong internal and external network relations
- Good understanding of GMP and pharmaceutical regulations
- Experience with data diagnostics, discovery, modeling, and visualization (e.g. R, SAS, Minitab, Tableau, Excel)
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt and have demonstrated the ability to (re)design business processes and applying operational excellence techniques.
- Fluency in English: written and oral
- Experience in working in a global environment, ability to liaise/communicate effectively at different management levels
- Ability to liaise/communicate effectively and easily with cross-functional teams and different cultures
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.