IT Director - Network Engineering and Operations (U.S. Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Director of Network Engineering and OperationsLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will manage critical network infrastructure in enterprise and manufacturing environments globally. This person will be responsible for architect and maintaining network design standards and solutions globally to provide secure, reliable and resilient network services.
This role is responsible for overseeing the strategy, design, operation, and improvement of corporate, manufacturing and cloud networks enterprise-wide. This individual will manage a team of network engineers and a primarily outsourced network operations team to ensure the design, installation, upgrade, and stability of the wireless and wired networks, firewalls and switches, cloud, maintaining network security and issue reporting, and defining and documenting network architecture and standards.
This individual will partner with global and regional Information Systems team members, vendors, and line of business team members to design and deliver network service to enable corporate and retail on-site and remote working scenarios. This includes troubleshooting and urgent response to any issues that arise, preventative maintenance, proactive scanning and security management and hardware/software upgrades.This includes the following activities:
- Ensure the stable performance of the systems through the monitoring, analysis, identification, and resolution of issues. Ensure problems are diagnosed and resolved in a timely manner and seek methods for improvement.
- Good technical expertise with enterprise On Prem Network Technologies Switches, Routers, Load Balancers, Network Access Control, Remote Access technologies, SDWAN Devices, Wireless Networks, Proxy Services, as well as the supporting technologies like DNS and DHCP.
- Strong technical expertise with Cloud networking technologies and constructs. This includes their management and integration into enterprise networks.
- Strong Expertise in Enterprise Network Operations HW/SW Life Cycle Management, Operational Monitoring/Alerting, Capacity Management, Redundancy/High Availability solutions, Operational Health Checks, IT Automation/Self-healing.
- Assess requirements, research, recommend, design, and implement vital solutions/tools to enhance productivity and cost effectiveness on connectivity technologies. These standards will also meet information security and all applicable compliance requirements
- Cultivate and manage relationships with service providers, vendors, and business leads.
- Participate in IT change control process and notifications to the business of changes, planned maintenance, or unplanned outages.
- Stay abreast of current technologies, developments, network compliance requirements, standards, and industry trends.
- This role has responsibility for monthly forecasting and management of all budgets related to the department, including network hardware, managed services, workplace collaboration software and associated hardware and departmental travel expense.
- This role will also work with procurement to negotiate and manage vendor contracts and vendor relationships as needed.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a technology leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Information Systems or Network Engineering/Operations experienceOr
Masters degree and 8 years of Information Systems or Network Engineering/Operations experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 10 years of Information Systems or Network Engineering/Operations experienceAnd
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resourcesPreferred Qualifications:
- Experience with manufacturing, production, and warehouse environments
- Experience in designing, configuring Cisco Catalyst & Chassis Switches, Wireless Controllers and Access Points.
- Experience in setting up & managing networks in Microsoft Azure / cloud environments.
- Experience working closely with a Managed Service Provider to design & support application network requirements.
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Superior troubleshooting experience and skills
- Positive, proactive, can-do attitude with the ability to work alone as an individual contributor, as a technical lead when required, and as a participant in a team environment
- Learn quickly and adapt to new technologies
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.